Preferably in the Münster or Berlin 350.org offices, but for the ideal candidate this could be a remote position.
350.org is looking for an experienced and digitally-savvy campaigner to support the development of the divestment campaign and amplify the work of the overall divestment movement in Germany. This is a full-time position that requires excellent English and German language skills. Application must be written in English.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
About the role
As the divestment campaign gains momentum in Germany, we’re looking for a hands on campaigner to support the growth of the campaign on- and offline, and help build a powerful grassroots movement to delegitimize the fossil fuel industry. This role will focus on the strategic development and implementation of the Catholic Church campaign in Germany, as well as lead on and implement our digital strategy for Germany.
The person in this role will:
- Lead on strategic development and implementation for the Catholic Church campaign and other possible key divestment campaigns, including through research and analysis, digital and media communications.
- Developing partnerships with existing and new groups and encouraging collaborative/leadership roles from these organisations on the issue of divestment, especially around Catholic Church divestment.
- Create online content and resources about divestment and climate in Germany.
- Line manage staff in the Europe Team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a grassroots and/or formal campaigning role(s).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and engage with local organisers.
- Proven experience developing and delivering campaign strategies.
- Experience in project management/coordination.
- Understanding of energy/climate politics at both a national and local level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German, including experience in creating online and offline campaign support content.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Line management experience.
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Experience with creative action planning and execution.
- Experience with faith communities engagement.
- Experience of campaigning in European countries other than Germany.
- Graphic design skills and competence with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- Media experience.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full time, 5 days a week.
Application Deadline: Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of November 21, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Start Date: January (flexible).
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience.
Location: Preferably in the Münster or Berlin 350.org offices, but for the ideal candidate this could be a remote position.
350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out its work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
Bewerbungsformular und Ausschreibung zu finden unter https://350.org/jobs/?gh_jid=506899