adelphi seeks a senior communication manager to operate its social media activities and to develop, design and manage the upcoming climate diplomacy information platform.
adelphi will soon lead an international consortium to develop a global knowledge platform on climate risks and state fragility. We provide a long-time experience in the fields of climate diplomacy, conflict analysis, and adaptation and vulnerability. In addition to that, adelphi is to design worldwide communication strategies promoting the platform and its content.
Senior Communications Manager (m/w_full time)
Your tasks for the climate diplomacy platform (50%):
- Your profound competence in online campaigning in the field of public policy allows you to design comprehensive and striking communication strategies. Promoting the various content of the platform among well-defined target groups in the public sector, you succeed in engaging an international audience in climate action.
- As experienced social media expert, you succeed in integrating social media strategies in a larger, international PR campaign. Your ideas for multimedia projects (e.g. thematic videos, interactive maps, and information graphics) are appealing to the target groups.
- Being familiar with current topics in field of global climate risks, your campaign respects current political events and needs of the contributors.
- With your experience in knowledge management, you develop, design and manage the international platform.
- In managing the platform, you cooperate intensively with international contributors from the public sector and support international project teams.
Your tasks for adelphi’s global outreach activities (50%):
- You refine adelphi’s social web strategy, keeping it up to date with the newest developments in the field by infusing new perspectives. Your campaigns in the social web have a thorough structure and continuously take into account evaluation results.
- You manage the social media relations of adelphi, with a keen marketing eye on developments to relevant fields and a journalistic sense to how messages are to be communicated for our target groups.
- You have a supporting role in media relations, brand management, and other marketing projects.
- A university degree
- Profound skills in knowledge management and social media communications
- A proven record of international online projects in public policy campaigning
- Experience in setting-up and managing complex communication platforms for international organizations or other public institutions.
- A minimum of 3 years of thorough practical experience in online communications and social media in the field of public policy
- Distinct expertise in the field of climate change, conflict analysis or peacebuilding would be an asset
- Sound experience as an active blogger would be an asset
- Structured and customer-oriented work under time pressure
- Distinct intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent command of English (native speaker)
- Relevant software skills (MS Office, Adobe Products)
Start date: as soon as possible. The position is initially limited to two years. Place of work will be our office in Berlin.
If you are interested in applying for this interesting position, please send us your complete application documents (including your CV, copies of certificates, references, salary requirements and information on your availability) via our career portal latest by 16.02.2014, which can be accessed quickly and easily via the “Apply” button. We look forward to receiving your application!