This position provides administrative assistance and ensures smooth running of operations for the Dean’s office. The administrative assistant is expected to assist with activities regarding students, meetings, and conferences organized by the Assistant to the Office of the Dean. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and accustomed to working in a dynamic, multicultural environment. Must be goal-oriented and a team-player, and exhibit cultural sensitivity and discretion. The Barenboim-Said Akademie’s main language is English.
- 1. Provides administrative and operational support to the Dean’s office.
- 2. Provides administrative support for departmental and staff meetings.
- 3. Coordinates the following processes which require the confidential handling of personnel files – hiring, faculty search committee files, teaching evaluations, and student files.
- 4. Assists with the coordination and preparation of teaching. Prepares and monitors changes in course schedules, room assignments, office hours for faculty, etc.
- 5. Coordinates and organizes special events, meetings and conferences, involving members of the Barenboim-Said Akademie as instructed by the Dean.
- 6. Expenses and budget management. This includes handling ongoing accounting activities, travel expenses, and coordinating with the CFO/Chancellor for budget management and allocation.
- 1. Education: university undergraduate degree required
- 2. Languages: excellent knowledge of oral and written German and English – additional languages, especially Arabic or Hebrew, are a plus.
- 3. Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Suite (if possible), HTML (if possible). Capacity and desire to learn and upgrade a variety of computer software skills.
- 4. Excellent interpersonal skills
- 5. Excellent office management skills. Previous experience in a university setting preferred.
- 6. Familiarity with data entry and room management systems (CAS, ASIMUT, Evis, etc.)
Compensation is in line with the federal pay scale for similar positions at German public universities (TVöD-Bund)
Please send a resume, cover letter and other relevant documentation to email@example.com as soon as possible. The Akademie is accepting applications on a rolling basis and plans to fill the position as soon as possible.