Editorially independent and committed to high-quality journalism, the Clean Energy Wire supports journalists who cover Germany’s landmark project, the Energiewende. This transition to a nuclear-free, decarbonised economy is being watched closely and debated heatedly at home and abroad. Affecting all parts of society, the Energiewende is seen as a laboratory that will inform other countries on their way to climate neutrality.
Since its start in 2014, the Clean Energy Wire has seen ever-increasing interest in its services. Some 300 international journalists – from independent bloggers to correspondents for some of the world’s most renowned publications – have taken part in our study tours or have reached out to us for tailor-made support with facts, figures and contacts.
We would now like to take this growing network one step further to create a unique global resource for journalists who want to enrich their coverage of the global energy transition with better background and facts.
We are therefore creating the new position of Journalism Network Manager m/f (full-time) in Berlin
The talented networker we are seeking will provide professional expertise in international cooperation, community building, and the use of social media as well as an excellent understanding of journalism. Our new colleague will focus on developing the growing global network of journalists covering energy and climate policy. He or she will design offerings that cater to journalists’ needs, build strong relations with partner organisations abroad, and will act as a network hub for questions, ideas and cooperation among members. The initial contract will be for two years, with the intention of extending the job, should we succeed in creating a vibrant journalism network.
Main duties include:
- Analysing and responding to the needs of energy and climate journalists
- Creating innovative and winning offerings to grow and engage the network
- Planning and coordinating events such as workshops, webinars, conferences, briefings, etc.
- Designing and implementing a targeted social media offering for the network
- Acting as first port-of-call for journalists seeking support, coordinating the support activities
- Three to five years of experience in journalism or public relations/affairs
- Professional experience working in international networks and with a global perspective
- A proven ability to work actively with social media and other community-building tools
- A proven ability to connect easily and actively with people on a professional level
- A good understanding of energy and climate policy and its players is a plus
- The ability to work independently as a self-starter and quick learner in a small, highly energetic team
- Professional level of both German and English is essential
- The unique opportunity to become the hub of a highly professional journalistic network
- Room to develop and implement new ideas and innovative forms of cooperation among journalists
- The chance to work in a non-profit environment focused on quality journalism
- Work in a team of highly motivated, highly professional journalists in Berlin-Mitte
Please send a cover letter including your salary expectations and earliest starting date, CV, two references and other relevant material to email@example.com. Deadline for applications 15 January. If you have further questions, please send an email to the address above or call 0049307001435211.
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!