Job Title: Accelerator Manager
Division: Climate-KIC North-East
Reports to: Innovation Lead
Contract: Initially 2 years fixed term
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 7th October 2016
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a low carbon and climate-resilient economy.
We address climate change across four priority themes: urban areas, land use, production systems, climate metrics and finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Our approach starts with improving the way people live in cities. Our focus on industry creates the products required for a better living environment, and we look to optimise land use to produce the food people need.
Climate-KIC is currently mainly supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
The Climate-KIC Accelerator is the only EU early stage business acceleration programme focused on cleantech commercialisation. With fast track entrepreneurship education, top-notch tools & techniques and intensive coaching, we have set up the world’s first real-life business school for cleantech entrepreneurs.
In three phases we take start-ups through a rock-solid 18-month programme to grow great ideas into great businesses.
The Accelerator Manager is accountable for developing and operationalising the acceleration strategy for cleantech start-ups in Germany in close coordination with the Innovation Lead. Together with a local team you ensure that the regional accelerator programmes are driven towards start-up needs by involving the right stakeholders and exploiting synergies across activities.
- Responsible for successfully driving the regional accelerator in all its locations (currently Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt, supporting Poland).
- Owns the accelerator budget for the geography, sets the corresponding goals and controlling mechanisms, oversees its performance and steers where needed to achieve maximum impact and correct allocation of resources.
- Leads the regional operations for stage 3 start-ups (investment agreement between start-ups and Climate-KIC) and coordinates local representation and management of these investments.
- Designs, implements and oversees a quality management system for the accelerator programmes in the geography.
Market positioning and business development contributions
- Represents the accelerator at internal and external events / conferences.
- Engages in networking at local and national start-up and/ or cleantech relevant events.
- Supports the Business Development Lead developing formats and offers for funders and especially corporates.
Team Management and Working relationships
- Manages the accelerator teams for the geography (currently Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt, supporting Poland).
- Leads with local team the design and implementation of main regional activities (Demo Day, Investors Dinner and Bootcamps) and supports local team operationalising local activities.
- Coordinates the reporting obligations with local accelerator teams, following the guidelines from central management.
- Works closely with the local Innovation Lead to improve the accelerator, create synergies within the organisation and beyond.
- Responsible for tracking performance of Climate-KIC’s current and alumni start-ups identifying synergies with internal and/ or external stakeholders.
This is an interesting and challenging role for an individual experienced and with high affinity for start-up entrepreneurship.
Required qualifications include:
- You love to work with technology start-ups
- You have relevant degree or professional qualification
- You have a relevant and extensive (5 years plus as an indicator) years of work experience working with technology start-ups, accelerators/ incubators, and/ or programme management
- You are well connected in the start-up scene, especially in Germany
- Sound understanding or innovation management and entrepreneurship, ideally with hands-on experience working in a start-up or start-up related field
- Good understanding of the climate innovation / cleantech space, passion to address these challenges through innovation
- Experience and ability to work in a complex, multi-disciplinary work environment
- You are fluent in German and English
We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across more than 150 partner organizations in Europe.
- You will work at our great offices at the EUREF Campus in Berlin
- You will have responsibility and development perspective
- An open-minded, international team
- Market-based competitive compensation
- Initially, this is a fixed-term 2-year position.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
Please send your full application to email@example.com by close of business on 07 October 2016.
Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.
Zu finden unter http://www.climate-kic.org/careers/accelerator-manager-germany/
Bitte erwähne Gesines Jobtipps, wenn du dich auf diese Stelle bewirbst!
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist.