Job Title: Innovation Officer
Division: Innovation Pipeline Team DACH
Reports to: Innovation Lead
Contract: Full Time, 18 month contract (parental leave with potential to extend)
Location: Climate-KIC Berlin-Schöneberg
Start Date: asap – preferably 15.1.2017 or 1.2.2017
Apply by: 21.12.2016
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through market-driven innovation with the aim of building a low carbon economy.
We have four priority Themes:
- Urban Transition
- Sustainable Land Use
- Sustainable Production Systems
- Decision Metrics and Finance
Education complements the Themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators in 17 locations in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. These centres are where we build our knowledge and competency assets and where we manage delivery.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose of the Role
The German Climate-KIC office in Berlin is recruiting an Innovation Officer to manage and develop the portfolio of Innovation projects for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Innovation projects are developed in a pipeline approach, spanning four phases: ideation, acceleration, demonstration and scaling. Projects are implemented through consortia composed of Climate-KIC partners, i.e. universities, research centres, large corporates and SMEs, and anchored in the aforementioned 4 Climate-KIC Themes. The Climate-KIC Innovation Officer helps organising calls for proposals, selecting the most promising submissions and oversees implementation and documentation of the project outcomes.
This role is part of a team of four reporting to the Innovation Lead.
- Project Sourcing: Developing and implementing formats to source innovative ideas from the partner community and helping turn these ideas into convincing project proposals.
- Handling Project Calls: Communicating throughout the year upcoming calls for proposals and ensuring partners are aware of thematic focus, and able to submit in accordance with formal and content requirements.
- Project Supervision: Manage the portfolio of projects with DACH partners to ensure implementation according to project proposal and adequate reporting and documentation. This includes organizing and documenting review and closure meetings.
- Community management: Ensuring the partner community is updated on developments of the Innovation pipeline and the four Climate-KIC thematic areas.
Key Working Relationships
- Innovation Lead Germany
- DACH partner portfolio (universities, research centres, corporates, SMEs, NGOs)
- Portfolio Managers of the four Climate-KIC Themes
- Climate-KIC European Project Management Office
Bachelor or equivalent, Master or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in one of the following topics: grant management, project management, academic research or similar. Preferably gained in the area of clean-tech, innovation, entrepreneurship, sustainable design or engineering.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to proactively plan and organise tasks, turning formal requirements into operative action
- Ability to balance sometimes conflicting stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Ability to work with a diverse group of collaborators
- Excellent, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written fluency in German and English
- Ability to speak another European language is desirable
- Self-starter with ability to organise own work area independently
- Committed and passionate about the mission of Climate-KIC
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
Please send your full application to email@example.com.
Zu finden unter http://www.climate-kic.org/careers/innovation-officer/
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!