Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Division: Marketing & Communications, Geography,
Reports to: Line Management: Director North-East (based in Germany)
Dotted line to Director, Marketing & Communications
Contract: Fixed Term, 2 years
Location: Climate-KIC Germany, Berlin
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: October 7
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.
We address climate change across four priority themes: urban areas, land use, production systems, and climate finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Our approach starts with improving the way people live in cities. Our focus on industry creates the products required for a better living environment, and we look to optimise land use to produce the food people need.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose of the Role
As a member of the marketing communications team this position will contribute and execute activities to raise the profile of Climate-KICs contribution to creating a zero carbon economy and climate resilient society. The position will play an essential role in promoting Climate-KICs business strategy and achievements. This role will demonstrate an understanding of Climate-KIC target audiences: students, entrepreneurs, and the private & public sector; and how to reach them.
This role will have a set of geography (50%) and central marcomms responsibilities (50%). S/he will be the German lead on PR & communications, brand, marketing and supporting events. There will be a focus on creating stories, selling them to the media and communicating key messages through copy writing for digital channels and marketing materials. Internal communications for the location will also form part of this role’s responsibilities. There will also be a set of central office responsibilities in one of the following: PR or Branding or Digital Communications or Marketing. The assignment of a particular set of functional responsibilities will depend on the individual’s knowledge and experience. S/he will report to the Director, Marketing and Communications for this part of their role.
Marketing Communications strategy
- Contribution to the development and delivery of the European communications strategy,
- Development and delivery of the local PR & communications strategy
- Marketing Communications planning for local activities
- Contribution to the development and delivery of marketing campaigns such as recruiting students or start-ups for training courses and programmes
- Be the local lead to advise stakeholders on branding
- Collaborate with the marketing communications team to develop the brand
- Provide practical advice and training to colleagues on how to implement the brand
- Assist colleagues on how to use the brand templates
- Implement the brand guidelines across the local community
Marketing & events
- Support colleagues in creating marketing materials for campaigns and events
- Assisting with events and exhibitions as part of marketing communications campaigns
- Management of creative agencies to create marketing materials
- Execution of email marketing as part of recruitment campaigns
- Develop content for all digital communications
- Be responsible for the local digital channels such as social media and website
- Source, upload and edit multimedia content for digital campaigns (written, Support colleagues in creating marketing materials for campaigns and events
- To assist with the development of digital tools to promote local activities, (photography, video, social media feeds, blogging)
- To work with ICT and creative agencies to ensure digital communications are up to date, comply with accessibility requirements and optimised for search engines.
- Develop digital campaigns for marketing recruitment campaigns on activities
Writing for marketing communication channels
- Write content for the Climate-KIC website, blog and other media channels as requested
- To assist local colleagues in writing for content marketing materials
- Interviewing students, coaches, alumni, startups, colleagues, guest speakers and academics from the location community to create content for communications channels
- Creating case studies and success stories of local activities
- Writing media releases and pitching stories to journalists,
- Planning, creating and editing video as part of communications campaigns
- To be a central point of contact for Climate-KIC activities in Location
- To be an active member of the European marketing communications team
- To be a brand champion and ensure that all communications are in line with the brand guidelines
- To liaise with appropriate colleagues on content for the primary internal communications channels: newsletters, staff meetings, town hall, events, weekly memo
- To disseminate information as required by the location director and head of marketing and communications
General duties, evaluation and administration
- To evaluate communications activities for financial planning and budgeting
- Communications team meeting support, organising meeting dates and logistics
- Assisting with communications events and exhibitions as requested
- Research for media stories and opportunities
- Collation of media coverage for Climate-KIC and within the climate change media landscape
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the geography director or head of marketing communications
- Plan and manage own work in advance
- Budget management in co-ordination with the local director
Key Working Relationships
- Director North-East (Germany and Poland)
- Head of Marketing Communications
- Communications officers of Core and Affiliate Partners
- European communications team
- External creative suppliers
- Journalists and representatives of the media
- Equivalent communications officers within the geographical structure
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent / relevant formal training
- An interest in climate change
- Experience of working within a set of brand messages and identity guidelines
- Ability to write in English, translating complex material into easy to read promotional copy
- Experience of digital media best practice, including a user-centric approach to content, usability testing and accessibility
- An interest in the emerging communications media landscape
- Excellent IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Copywriting skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Strategic and action planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and networking skills
- Teamwork and motivation, ability to interact with a multi-cultural team
- Ability to exercise initiative and plan work independently
- Ability to coordinate and motivate colleagues
- Ability to act independently and make decisions without supervision
- to act on own initiative and use judgement and discretion
- Ability to write and deliver communications plans for events
- Self-motivated, and proactive
- Compliance with all employer policies and procedures.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role. You should also make clear your particular interest in and experience of PR, Branding and Digital Communications.
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitte erwähne Gesines Jobtipps, wenn du dich auf diese Stelle bewirbst!
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist.