CSSP – Berlin Center for Integrative Mediation is looking for a highly motivated person to manage and coordinate our Egypt Mediation Project. The starting date is planned for 1st June 2014, conditional upon the final approval of the project proposal by ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen). The project will be implemented in 2014, an extension is planned and likely for 2015 and 2016.
Who we are
CSSP – Berlin Center for Integrative Mediation designs and implements political mediation processes together with local stakeholders in transitional societies. The organisation primarily assists political and community leaders to transform and resolve their conflicts through dialogue, trust-building and negotiation.
The non-profit organisation was founded in 2005 as a “lessons learned” project from Prof. Dr. Christian Schwarz-Schilling’s work as the International Mediator in Bosnia and Herzegovina (1995 – 2004). Until 2010, CSSP primarily focused on the Western Balkans. Since 2010, CSSP’s peace mediation outreach expanded to the Middle East and North Africa, South Asia and the Caucasus. Our main office is in Berlin, and we also have field offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo as well as local partners in Egypt and Nepal.
Who we are looking for
CSSP is looking for a highly committed person to enrich our mediation team. Your main areas of responsibility will be the preparation (content and logistics), coordination and implementation of our field trips to Egypt in close cooperation with local stakeholders, the networking with all relevant stakeholders in Egypt and Germany as well as the support of the project’s Integrative Mediator in external relations regarding the project. You will be responsible for ensuring that all activities are well planned and implemented by coordinating the various inputs from team members and local partners. The main working location is Berlin. You should be motivated and flexible enough to travel to Egypt once every six weeks for at least one week. The salary is based on the German TVöD Bund.
- Very strong communication skills especially in an Arabic/intercultural setting, as well as professional and eloquent appearance. Good negotiations capabilities are an asset
- Fluent English is a necessity, written and verbal knowledge of Arabic is highly welcome. German is an asset
- Strong management and multi-tasking competencies
- Knowledge of mediation, mediation certificate is an asset
- Project management, especially experiences in implementing projects with public funding are most welcome
- Knowledge of Egyptian social, political and economic structures is definitely an advantage
- Background in conflict resolution studies, political science, international law or communication studies is an asset
- High reliability and level of self-dependence
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and adapt to new structures
- Very good social competencies, especially in political crisis / politically sensitive situations.
Specific areas of responsibilities
- Preparation of our trips, workshops, roundtables, etc. (content and logistics)
- Coordination of meetings, travel arrangements and general logistics
- Invitation of participants and administration of transport and overnight stays
- Contact person for participants and other actors from various levels of Egyptian and German society
- Coordination of translation, interpretation and printing of all materials for activities
- Management of communication with hotels regarding venues and catering needed for activities, in close collaboration with local coordinator/local partners
- Regular consultation with local stakeholders
- Maintaining project calendars and project tasks regarding all Egypt relevant dates
- Assessment and summary of the evaluations filled out by participants after each activity
- Regular news review
- Active contribution to CSSP’s mediation approach and the development of the organisation
What CSSP offers you
A learning experience in a team of young professional and highly motivated national and international mediators and project managers. Insight into the field of Integrative and Peace Mediation. Good working conditions in Berlin-Kreuzberg and Egypt. Possibility to network and cooperate with other peace mediators, the political sphere and people working in conflict transformation surroundings. Experiences in and contribution to the organisational development of a young NGO. CSSP is an equal opportunity employer. We therefore encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested, we are looking forward to your application via e-mail by 16th May 2014. Please send applications to: email@example.com. For more information, please refer to our website or contact us via e-mail.
Gefunden unter http://www.cssp-mediation.org/media/uploads/cssp_co-mediator_egypt.pdf
Mit Hilfe von http://www.thechanger.org