Democracy Reporting International is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions, implementing projects in Middle East, North Africa, and Pakistan.
Democracy Reporting International is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Officer for its headquarters in Berlin. The incumbent will support and monitor all phases of programme implementation in accordance with the project proposal/contract, the donor requirements, and DRI policies and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Programmes.
Position Title: Programme Officer
Starting date: Mid May 2014
- Coordinate local teams and cooperate in the development and implementation of activities, including workshops, missions of international experts and publications.
- Ensure effective on-going communication with project offices and regular reporting, also through field trips.
- Monitor compliance with the project workplan and expenditures; verification of procedures.
- Prepare draft contracts for international experts, auditors and evaluators.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation is carried out in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Develop concept notes for presentation to donors and draft project proposals.
- Manage the process of drafting, editing, translating and printing project publications.
- Coordinate missions of international experts, auditors and evaluators.
- University degree in law, political science, other social sciences, or related fields.
- Solid knowledge of and proven experience in project management either with international organisations or NGOs. Experience with European Union-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Russian / Ukrainian is an asset and knowledge of German and / or Arabic is desirable.
The salary range for this position is 32,000 – 36,000 Euros employee gross (before taxes and social security obligations).
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 25 April 2014.