Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Regional Manager MENA (f/m) for its head office in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Director of Programmes you will be responsible for the implementation of DRI´s mission and the supervision of country programmes in the assigned region. You manage the acquisition, and the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the programmes, in collaboration with DRI´s country office staff and beneficiaries. The Regional Manager oversees the staff in her/his regional cluster and ensures management of country offices and their staff and experts in the region.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Strategy and programme development
- Leads on strategy development in the region, monitoring political developments and assessing opportunities for DRI.
- Conducts needs assessment missions to countries in the region and beyond, discussing needs and opportunities with relevant stakeholders (civil society organisations, political actors, academics, international organisations, etc).
- Develops and maintains relations with the relevant local and international partners and other stakeholders.
- Leads on project design for new projects in the region and coordinates proposal drafting.
- Represents DRI and the regional programme at related events.
- Leads on the development and implementation of all project activities in line with donor regulations, including trainings, workshops, publications, etc, in collaboration with the project team leader/country director and responsible colleagues in Berlin head office.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination with local teams, beneficiaries and donors.
- Ensures regular donor and internal reporting through on-going communication and travel to country offices.
- Supports the monitoring of relevant political and legal developments in the countries of the region and proposes adjustments to ongoing projects in response to developments.
- Plans for and coordinates project opening and closure.
- Monitors and oversees compliance with the project work-plan and budget, monitors and oversees expenditure.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Develops monitoring and evaluation systems for the projects in the region.
- Coordinates monitoring and evaluation implemented by the project staff.
- Conducts and leads internal project strategy meetings, including actor mapping, strategy formulation and lessons learnt workshops, with the project staff and beneficiaries and in the DRI head office.
Research and trainings
- Oversees research, analysis and publications on political issues, human rights and democracy standards, electoral and constitutional issues for project publications.
- Develops trainings, presentations and training materials in cooperation with long- and short-term experts.
Regional team coordination
- Line-manages DRI HQ regional team and interns.
- Promotes coordination, cooperation and exchange between all the projects in the region, as well as between the various regional teams.
- Ensures that project leaders/country directors implement the projects in the region according to DRI standards.
- relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in political science, law or related fields.
- At least five years experience in managing programmes in the field of democracy support, including fund-raising, proposal development, budget management, reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
- At least two years experience in leading diverse project teams and human resource management.
- Work experience in the MENA region is an asset.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse organisation.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Research and writing skills are an asset.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Regional Manager MENA” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 29 January 2017. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Zu finden unter http://democracy-reporting.org/?p=2679
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!