Ecosia, or as we like to call it, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion trees by 2020. With 2.5 million users, 10 million weekly searches and almost 6 million trees planted, we are now looking for a passionate, English speaking Content Creator who will support our communications team in Berlin and help us get inspiring stories from our planting programs out there!
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching and writing new stories from our planting projects, about reforestation in general and everything to do with environmental action and social business. This may involve interviewing people in Berlin or actually in Peru, Indonesia or Madagascar!
- Possibly filming and editing video stories and ads yourself, creating info graphics and taking care of the design of the posts. You are a kick-ass copywriter but design and video editing is not quite your thing? Don’t sweat it, knowing what you want your content to look like in all media formats is half the deal. We can find support for the creative part
- Preparing these stories to be published on our blog, the newsletter, our YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook etc. The more of the multimedia design and editing you can do yourself, the better!
- Sharing these stories with our community on our social media channels, answer their questions, reply to comments and moderate posts
- Sitting down with our Head of Communications and our Community Lead to discuss and plan Ecosia’s stories and posts for the next weeks as part of a longterm strategy
- Help taking Ecosia’s storytelling and engagement to the next level, making us a benchmark for other social businesses!
- In short: when our users ask „Where are my trees? Why and where do you plant them?“, you can get creative to give them the most engaging answer for all channels!
What you bring:
- A degree or work experience in communication, PR, marketing, journalism or a similar field
- Ideally already some relevant work experience in social business, environmental journalism or working for an NGO. However, this is not a must. A good understanding of what might inspire and engage passionate users of tree planting search engines is more important
- If you don’t have a design background yourself, you ideally have a good understanding of what the content you create could look like in the end and how to make it happen
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and the new media
- Readiness to work closely with the communications team
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, ideally, you’re a native speaker (other language skills are a bonus)
- You’re either already based in Berlin or willing to relocate to join us in Kreuzkölln
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and readiness to roll up your sleeves. All of us take care of tedious work as well as moon shots at Ecosia
- Passion for our mission and our core values. We all really believe in what we are doing and we find it important to help each other out. If you’re looking forward to thinking in trees rather than profits, this is for you!
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if you have less experience than some of the requirements for the role. This should go without saying, but since it is very important to us: all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
What we offer you:
- A truly amazing job with a wonderful team. You get to tell the inspiring stories 2.5 million passionate users are eager to hear!
- Fair compensation package, competitive salary
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge
- A team of highly talented, warm-hearted people who are convinced Ecosia can make a huge difference in protecting the environment and re-thinking business. Believe us, this really changes your everyday work.
- Fantastic workspace in the heart of the Berlin start-up community
- Option to work remotely two days a week, join us on workation, travel and be creative
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and organic coffee, and healthy snacks, we have plenty of both