Research Grants Coordinator (m/f)
on a full time basis
The post is for an initial 2 years period, with the possibility of extension; starting date as soon as possible.
- Search for funding opportunities and match them to potential faculty interests
- Help develop grant ideas and proposals and support faculty throughout the admissions process, including budgeting
- Serve as liaison with funding agencies
- Coordinate in-house with finance, legal and HR units
- Work with the various research centres to develop and to field research ideas/proposals
- Offer advice and counselling sessions to incoming faculty and post-docs
- Prepare and conduct workshops, as needed, to faculty, postdocs and PhDs respectively
- Direct reporting to the Hertie School Management (President / Dean)
- A PhD in social sciences (e. g. political science, sociology, economics, law)
- Experience in research and project management
- Reliable handling of MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written command of English and German
- Entrepreneurial thinking to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Excellent service orientation
- Precise, well-structured, efficient and independent way of working
- Team player
We offer a stimulating international and diverse academic environment. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasises excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as family-friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (s. www.hertie-school.org for further information).
Application: Please send your complete application portfolio including cover letter and CV, your salary expectations and information as to your availability to applications[at]hertie-school[dot]org Please use the heading “Research and Grants Coordinator” in your application. For further questions please contact Dr. Holger Endrös (endroes[at]hertie-school[dot]org).
The deadline for full consideration is 31 October 2017. Strict confidentiality is assured.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living of them – by voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!