The Centre is currently looking for a
The International Civil Society Centre works with international civil society organisations (ICSOs) to develop strategies for successfully navigating change. We scan the horizon for exciting opportunities; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs with developing effective leadership and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy.
We do this because we believe that ICSOs play a crucial role in the fight for a sustainable and more equitable world. As globalisation progresses, challenges and opportunities increasingly demand a response at the global level. ICSOs are in a key strategic position to contribute and they carry a special responsibility to deliver.
The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently offering a position as “Executive Assistant”.
The Executive Assistant supports the work of the Executive Director (ED) and coordinates the Executive Office, handles the Centre’s governance and legal processes and manages projects as assigned by the ED. The Executive Assistant is involved in all areas of the Centre’s work and management, contributing to the Centre’s strategic core decisions and processes.
This position would suit a recent graduate with some work experience who aims to work in the civil society sector and wants to gain first-hand insights and key management competences.
Provide proficient support to ED in organisational matters, e.g.
- Preparation and follow up of meetings and calls, trips, contact management, diary/calendar management, etc.
- Ensuring smooth running of the office, communicating and coordinating relevant issues with the Executive Team and other relevant members of staff
Coordinate the Centre’s governance and legal processes, e.g.
- Preparation and follow-up of Board and Shareholders meetings and meetings between the ED and the Centre’s Chair
- Oversee the ownership transfers to ICSOs and other shareholder matters
- Be the point of contact for the notary public
Manage specific projects as assigned by the ED, e.g.
- Support the ED with preparing the projects’ content and implementation
- Oversee all financial, logistic and administrative aspects (e.g. budget responsibility, communication with donors)
Financial Administration, e.g.
- Oversee several budgets as related to work areas
- Provide cover for Finance Officer when they are out of the office
- Self-starter, ambitious and well organised individual, reliable and discreet;
- About one year project management and administration experience, university degree;
- Strong interest in the management, administration and leadership of ICSOs;
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Diligent and focused way of operating with strong attention to detail;
- Able to work both in a team and in a structured and independent manner;
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English and German;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A permanent contract after a 6 months’ probation period;
- The possibility to contribute to the development of an ambitious organisation which supports the world’s top ICSOs;
- Gaining key management and coordination skills both in administration and project-based work;
- A team-oriented and international work environment;
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic colleagues striving for excellence.
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Holidays: 26 days p.a.
Salary: 2.300€ – 2.500€ before tax, as starting salary
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application for the position:
Your application should:
- Consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation (in English).
- Only be submitted through our online application form by 14 November 2016. Please send your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference EA201602 in the document title.
- Applications via email will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on 22 November 2016 in Berlin.Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
Zu finden unter https://icscentre.org/index/jobs/job-opportunities
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!