n-ost is an international network linking journalists and media initiatives from the EU, Eastern Europe and neighbouring countries. As a media NGO we campaign for independent foreign reporting, media pluralism and access to information. Our network provides training and supports journalistic research with a cross-border approach and media monitoring.
The press review eurotopics.net follows key debates in the European media and translates the best comments into three languages (English, German, and French). It’s an initiative of Germany’s Federal Agency for Civic Education produced by Berlin based journalist net-work n-ost.
We’re a dedicated five-person editorial team of debate junkies, and we’re looking for a Social Media Manager who is:
- obsessed with the Internet and social media
- very active on Twitter/Facebook
- enthusiastic about all sorts of political, economic and social debates across Europe
- able to spot cool/interesting/different stories that will grab people’s eye
- … and has native-level English skills (command of German an asset).
Sound like you? Great! Here are some of the things you’ll do while with us:
- Post our best stories and comments before and as they trend
- Write gripping headlines/tweets
- Spot the best cartoons, videos and pictures on trending topics
- Keep developing our social media strategy
You’ll work five days a week part-time (1.5 hours per day, around noon) from anywhere in Europe (home office) starting 2 June. We offer an honorarium of 350€ per month.
Interested? Then send your CV and a blurb about why you want to work with us to email@example.com (as a pdf) by 29 April. For any questions please get in touch with Andreas Bock: +49-(0)30-259 32 83-0.