ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need
The Campaigns Intern will support the German campaigns team with the development and delivery of ONE’s public facing campaign work. The internship will begin on January 9 and will run for a period of six month. This is a paid internship and successful candidates will be required to work 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Senior Campaigns Manager and is based in Berlin.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Support our campaigns and member engagement across Germany, esp. with regards to the Poverty is Sexist Campaign
- Support the facilitation of the 2018 Youth Ambassador Program
- Identify opportunities to engage our members locally and online and support the logistical and creative planning of events and communications
- Speak to members of the public about ONE at public events
- Promote the work of the campaigns team and our German membership within the organization and to interested partners and parties
- Provide general administrative and database support as required
- Provide translations and support content creation for our social media channels
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Student or graduate of Political Science, Communications, or related field
- Excellent experience with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal German and English communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexibly and have a positive and proactive approach to tasks
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Proven interest in international development and Africa
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs. The deadline for this posting is 26 November 2017.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene mit ihnen meinen Lebensunterhalt – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag Deiner Wahl. Danke!