ONE is a campaign and advocacy organization backed by almost six million people from around the world and every walk of life who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for promises made, and we press them to support policies in development policy and finance, transparency and governance. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency. ONE operates from Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York, Paris and Washington DC.
The Campaigns Manager will lead on the membership engagement in Germany, working with members of the team to develop strategies to attract, recruit and develop ONE’s membership/supporter base in this market. This role will also work closely with staff across the organisation to develop targeted online and off line campaigns in Germany and to develop and maintain influential supporter relationships. The Campaigns Manager reports to the Germany Director and is based in our Berlin Office. This will be a limited-term position from August 2014 to May 2015.
- Educated to degree level or equivalentA minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience working within the field of communications or campaigning, with proven record of performance
- Experience in working with prominent individuals, such as artists or political leaders. A solid relevant network a plusSolid understanding of national political processes and the German political system
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills in German and English including the ability to translate complicated policy issues into digestible products and to write copy suitable for online publicationExcellent organizational skills and attention to detail with experience of managing projects and organizing large public events
- Demonstrable experience of social networking and other online communications and campaigns methods and approaches
- Demonstrable ability to engage with people of all walks of life in a friendly way; open mindedness and cultural sensitivity
- Experience of partnership building, with experience of influencing stakeholders and establishing and maintaining strong partnerships.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skillsExperience of managing people and financial resources efficiently and effectively
- Ability to responding flexibly to opportunities and requests sometime with little notice
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- A commitment to ONE’s aims and a clear understanding of the links between policy, lobbying, campaigning and media work and of how policy change can be achieved through effective advocacy
Some Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on the development and management of ONE’s membership engagement strategy in Germany, ensuring a growth in the quality and quantity of ONE members in Germany, in line with the global membership targets.
- Manage the Germany ONE Youth Ambassador programme, overseeing the work of the Youth Ambassadors and coordinating/publicising their advocacy efforts for ONE and ONE’s issues
- Work closely with staff across the organisation to develop highly impactful on-line and off-line campaigns, which clearly communicate ONE’s policy asks in creative and engaging ways that resonate in the German market
- Work with the Germany team to engage local activists and influential individuals (e.g. artists, faith or business leaders) in key constituencies across the country (including Berlin) to lobby key decision makers and to foster ONE´s national advocacy efforts
- Work with the team to engage highly influential individuals and groups at key moments at a national level, partly with activist engagement.
- Write blog posts for the ONE website and manage the ONE Germany twitter and facebook accountsSome domestic and international travel may be required.
- Other related duties as needed
We offer great benefits including centrally located offices, professional development opportunities, and monthly travel and fitness stipends.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to submit an application and a cover letter with salary history and desired salary. (Only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position.)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Application deadline: Sunday, 6th July 2014
Only candidates authorised to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Gefunden unter http://www.one.org/de/bei-one-arbeiten/campaigns-manager/