The Media Assistant will support the delivery of our exciting 2017 campaigns in Germany, with a focus on the German G20 Presidency and summt, our Youth Ambassador programme and our campaigns on the German Federal Elections. The Media Assistant position is based in our Berlin office and will report directly to the Media Manager. This will be a fixed-term position running through November 2017.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Support the Media Manager with the implementation of the Germany media strategy for 2017, particularly as it relates to ONE’s 2017 campaigns
- Research and pitch stories and interviews to print, broadcast and online media as required
- Monitor German media to identify trends, opportunities and stories which warrant reaction or rebuttal
- Work with Campaigns staff to support the Youth Ambassadors in Germany with their media outreach
- Work with the policy team to ensure key ONE products include strong news hooks and to develop easy to understand briefing materials
- Contribute to web and social media content, including blog posts
- Keep media databases, forward planning calendars and clippings up to date
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or the designee
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations, Politics or a relevant field
- Two years’ experience in a communications, media or campaigning environment with a good understanding of how the German media operates
- Excellent written and verbal German and English communications skills with the ability to write persuasive material for a broad audience
- Excellent organizational skills and strong work ethic
- Sound news sense and good judgement in managing risks
- Creativity and a talent for developing innovative ways to secure coverage for complex issues
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- A commitment to ONE’s aims and familiarity with international development issues
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment across various time zones
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
We invite qualified candidates to submit an application and a cover letter with salary history and desired salary on our jobs page. Please note that the deadline for applications is 15 January 2017. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Only candidates authorised to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.
Please apply here.
Zu finden unter https://www.one.org/de/bei-one-arbeiten/media-assistant/
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!