The Schwarzkopf Foundation, based in Berlin, is looking for a new Executive Director in the European Youth Parliament programme, as a maternity leave replacement.
The Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe supports the development of young people into politically-aware and responsible citizens by focusing on the strengthening of the European idea and pan-European understanding. Our aim is to develop a dialogue between young people of 16 to 28 years of age and leading
figures from the world of politics, economics and culture. We provide young people information about the decision-making process in Europe and make this process visible and tangible and thus beneficial to the education of young people.
The Schwarzkopf Foundation is the international umbrella organisation for the European Youth Parliament (EYP) programme. The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. EYP promotes
international understanding, intercultural encounters, and the exchange of ideas among young people in Europe (see www.eyp.org). The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional events it reaches out to 35 000 young people all over Europe every year.
The EYP programme is the biggest programme line at the Schwarzkopf Foundation, with a team of eight employees. The work of the EYP team is led by an EYP Executive Director, who is the programme leader. The current EYP Executive Director is going on maternity leave, and we are now seeking a replacement.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Team management and leadership
- Leading the EYP team and overseeing tasks and responsibilities;
- Managing and ensuring the quality of the output of the EYP team;
- Overseeing the continuation and development of the EYP programme;
- Fundraising, partnership management and external representation
- Fundraising for EYP activities and for the annual EYP budget;
- Overseeing the annual EYP budget, including planning, controlling, and accounting; as well as financial reporting to the EYP Board and other bodies;
- Ensuring the visibility of the European Youth Parliament and representing the network externally;
- Grant applications and grant reporting;
- Managing existing partnerships and developing new partnership proposals;
- EYP Governance
- Board management: working with and being the daily contact for the Governing Body (international board) and the Board of National Committees; overseeing the work of the EYP Councils;
- Overseeing and implementing EYP’s policies and guidelines;
- Implementing the International Strategy of the EYP;
- Capacity building and project management
- Planning and organising training events and providing capacity building for the network;
- Developing internal support mechanisms and knowledge sharing
In turn, we require the following skills and competences from you:
- Relevant working experience of four years, preferably in the NGO sector; with a strong international background;
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
- University degree (M.A. or equivalent);
- Previous experience with leading and managing international teams; ability to provide strategic leadership in implementing EYP’s strategic aims;
- Experience in working with volunteers and in volunteer organisations and/or with informal civic education of youth people;
- Proven capacity to secure external funding for NGO activities; ability to represent the EYP at international level;
- Strong interest in the aims of our organisation and in current European affairs.
What we offer
You will be working in a young, international and dynamic team in the centre of Berlin. You will actively participate in the work and development of the European Youth Parliament and our activities, taking over your own responsibilities and the possibility to fully contribute to an evolving organisation with your ideas
The envisaged date of entry is 2 January 2017. At the moment, the position is available for a period of a year and a half, with a possible prolongation after this.
Interested? Please apply until Sunday 16 October 2016!
Please submit your application in English online, through: http://polls.eyp.org/eyp-executive-director-2016
In the online application form, please attach your cover letter, CV, any references you want to share, your desired salary as well as your soonest availability.
For questions, please contact Anne Rolvering, Director of the Schwarzkopf Foundation, through email@example.com
Unterstütze mich: Erwähne Gesines Jobtipps in deiner Bewerbung.
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist.