The Schwarzkopf Foundation, based in Berlin, is looking for a new Project Manager in the European Youth Parliament programme, as a maternity leave replacement with focus on public relations and project management.
The Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe supports the development of young people into politically-aware and responsible citizens by focusing on the strengthening of the European idea and pan-European understanding. Our aim is to develop a dialogue between young people of 16 to 28 years of age and leading figures from the world of politics, economics and culture. We provide young people information about the decision-making process in Europe and make this process visible and tangible and thus beneficial to the education of young people. The Schwarzkopf Foundation is explicitly encouraging applicants with an international background to apply for the position.
The Schwarzkopf Foundation is the international umbrella organisation for the European Youth Parliament (EYP) programme. The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting (see www.eyp.org). The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional events it reaches out to 35 000 young people all over Europe every year.
We are seeking a full time Project Manager to support us with creativity and enthusiasm at the European Youth Parliament (70 %) and the Schwarzkopf-Foundation (30 %) for one year.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Project Management
- Supporting the Executive Director in planning and realising events of the European Youth Parliament and the Schwarzkopf Foundation,
- Developing, budget planning and accounting of special projects,
- Fundraising (e.g. applications at public institutions).
- Developing internal support mechanisms (guides, documentation) and knowledge sharing
- Team Management: Working directly with and being responsible for one intern at the office.
- Public relations and communication
- Drafting and realising different public communication concepts,
- Maintaining and developing communication tools and materials both for the EYP and the Schwarzkopf Foundation,
- Supervision and development of the different channels of the foundation and it’s programmes (websites, social media channels, newsletter)
- Planning and running capacity building training courses on topics like public relations, social media, press work and corporate identity.
- EYP Training events
- Coordinate the organisation of the EYP Summer Academy, including planning, implementing and evaluating the project;
- Support the volunteer teams who work on the Summer Academy and provide capacity building, training and day-to-day support for these volunteers;
- Conceptualising the training modules and the content of the project;
In turn, we require the following skills and competences from you:
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience in project management and public relations,
- University degree (M.A. or equivalent),
- Proven experience in media communication as well as external communication with decision-makers, ideally on the European level,
- Very good communication skills for contacts with external partners, supporters and the members of the EYP,
- Very good project managements skills and strong ability to finalise projects independently and according to time and budget planning,
- Experience with fundraising and applications for public grants,
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written) and good German skills (desired)
- Experience in work with volunteers and volunteer organisations,
- Strong interest in the aims of our organisation and in current European affairs,
What we offer
You will be working in a young, international and dynamic team in the centre of Berlin. You will actively participate in the work and development of the European Youth Parliament and our activities, taking over your own responsibilities and the possibility to fully contribute to an evolving organisation with your ideas and innovations. The envisaged time of entry is end of May 2017. At the moment, the position is available for a period of a year.
Interested? Please apply until Sunday, 26 February 2017!
Please submit your application in English online, through: http://polls.eyp.org/projectmanager-2017
In the online application form, please attach your cover letter, CV, any references you want to share, your desired salary as well as your soonest availability.
For questions, please contact Mandy Buschina, Head of Communication at the Schwarzkopf Foundation, through firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitte verweise in Deiner Bewerbung auf Gesines Jobtipps. Danke!