We are looking for an organised and experienced Project Coordinator who is passionate about women’s rights, gender issues and digital privacy, and who wants to take on a challenging new project at Tactical Tech.
Tactical Tech is launching a new project that builds on three areas of our work and expertise: digital security training, privacy awareness-raising, and women’s rights. Through this project we will aim to train women digital and data security trainers from the global south, as well as privacy and security awareness-raisers/’champions‘ from around the world.
Project activities will include coordinating trainings, maintaining networks, developing and testing custom educational materials on privacy (both online and offline), research and written outputs, and monitoring and evaluation.
This position is based Berlin.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely and effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project as follows.
- Plan the implementation of project activities in line with project requirements and desired outcomes.
- Coordinate timely implementation of the project, monitor activities, assess risks and ensure quality.
- Develop activity budgets and ensure effective tracking and reporting on expenses.
- Coordinate and organise medium to large scale events.
- Liaise between stakeholders and facilitate community engagement.
- Coordinate the production and testing of (both online and offline) materials.
- Immediate availability and eligibility to work in Germany
- Master’s level education, or equivalent
- English proficiency
- Work experience, preferably in the social sciences and related to activism, technology, gender justice, development, media studies.
- Work experience in, and connections with, women’s rights organisations in either Africa, the Middle East or Asia.
- Project coordination experience of at least 5 years, including organising events, finances and online networks for project outreach
- Ability and willingness to communicate and work effectively with peers and other associates from various international backgrounds within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech’s mission and values including an understanding of the geo-political contexts in which Tactical Tech’s work is carried out.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Fluency in current debates around gender, security, and gender violence (both online and offline)
- Great outreach, communication and public speaking skills; ability to represent the project and talk about the issues it addresses.
- Work experience in an organisation that does capacity building around technology, digital security, or privacy rights.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and an accompanying letter outlining your suitability for the post, by 24 August 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Gefunden unter https://tacticaltech.org/job-vacancy-project-coordinator