You will spend at least 80,000 hours of your life in the office. We want to help you do something world-changing with them. Now is your chance to join us.
The Changer is a successful social startup that is building a global community for next generation leaders to inspire and enable them to pursue a career with positive impact.
We aim to shape a world in which everyone and anyone can use their time at the office to change the world for the better. Already Germany’s leading platform for social impact careers, we recently secured an investment to fund our international expansion and are now looking for a creative and motivated Community Manager Germany to join our team.
About the role
As Community Manager, you will be responsible for managing our online communities, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as organizing all of our offline community events – from hangouts to academy workshops. The essence of your role is to engage with our on- and offline community in a fun and meaningful way.
You will stay on top of all the latest trends in the field of social impact, sustainability and new work and have the opportunity to tell everyone and anyone about what The Changer is doing in these areas. Don’t expect to be sitting behind your desk very much or to always work a 9-5.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with an outgoing personality and can-do attitude who embodies The Changer voice, spirit and brand. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German. You are passionate about social change, have a keen ability to identify trends and know how to bring the right people together. As Community Manager Germany, you should be able to juggle multiple tasks, work independently and manage your time effectively.
Ultimately, you should be able to help us grow The Changer in Germany, both online and offline so that we can help as many people as possible to change the world whilst they are at the office.
- Develop our Social Media strategy in line with our brand and company voice
- Optimize company pages within each social platform and publish daily content that builds meaningful connections and increases visibility
- Monitor and analyse social media channels to gather insights and best-practices to improve social performance
- Manage MailChimp and newsletter campaigns
- Develop our community strategy in line with short-term and long-term company goals
- Manage the Berlin Hangouts on a monthly basis
- Coordinate our team of voluntary ambassadors to run hangouts in other DACH cities
- Coordinate and grow The Changer Academy
- Work closely to align between the marketing, sales and content teams
- Attend events and conferences on behalf of The Changer team
- Stay up-to-date with sector news and social trends and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- At least two years work experience in the social impact or sustainability sector
- An excellent understanding of what makes for a good social media channel and experience using social media management tools
- Excellent writing, editing (text/photo/video) and communication skills in both English and German
- Event management experience
- Volunteering and/or volunteer-management experience
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- An outgoing and positive personality
- Attention to detail
What we offer you
- The chance to be part of a mission-driven social business
- Work with a fun, smart and dynamic team
- Offices in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies and self-determined work
- Regular team events
- The possibility to work remotely
- Fair compensation and holiday
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you. To apply, send your innovative application, including a short video, to email@example.com.
The application deadline is December 31st, 2016. The position will start in January or February 2017.
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist. Danke!