NEW CLOSING DATE: February 14, 2014 noon CET
Only applications sent by e-mail to director (at) tgeu.org before February 14, 2014 noon CET will be considered.
Transgender Europe is looking for a full time (40h per week) Capacity Building Officer for TGEU’s EqualTrans project “Advancing equality of transgender people in the European Union ”. The place of work will be Berlin.
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
The EqualTrans project is mostly funded through the European Commission. The project seeks to advance the rights of trans people both on EU and member state level and to increase equality for trans people in Europe.
The vacancy is for a Capacity Building officer (CBO). The CBO will be responsible for the implementation of all work with TGEU’s member organisations and other trans* rights organisations in the EqualTrans project. The CBO will work together with organisations on the national level, supporting their advocacy efforts towards a better implementation of EU equality legislation for trans people. The CBO is also responsible for the implementation of a European awareness raising campaign and required to travel regularly in Europe.
- A 100% (40h per week) position starting on March 1, 2014 for an initial period of 10 months (until December 31, 2014) with a possibility to prolong the position contingent on availability of funding
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement own ideas
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans* human rights NGO
- Working together with TGEU’s member organizations on national level
- Salary between 36.000-41.000€ per annum depending on experience and skills
- Relocation support to Berlin
Key responsibilities are:
- Supporting trans rights organisations in advancing equality vis-à-vis transgender people
- Support efforts in 3 countries (Greece, Lithuania, Slovenia) to advance legal gender recognition
- Conceptualization and implementation of capacity building events and trainings for trans rights organisations on EU equality law and EU human rights framework
- Implementation of a European-wide awareness raising campaign
- Regular reporting (internal and to funders)
- Cooperating within the TGEU-team and taking over of other necessary tasks
Desired profile of the applicant
You demonstrate a strong interest and expertise in trans rights activism and have a proven record in human rights work. You ideally have at least 3 years of professional experience and have strong skills in the areas of project management and coordination, capacity building and training, and campaigning. Inter-cultural competence and an excellent knowledge of English (preferably plus at least one other EU language) are matched by a profound knowledge of the EU equality framework.
- Experience in project management, capacity building, training and campaigning,
- Excellence in EU equality and fundamental rights framework pertaining to gender identity and gender expression,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Ability to comprehend and partake in complex working processes,
- High frustration tolerance and ability to work under pressure,
- Familiarity with inter-cultural and international approaches,
- Ability to work in a team and independently,
- Ability to travel abroad
- Experience in working with and for NGOs
- Experience with EU grants
- Experience in working as a volunteer/with volunteers
- Good verbal and written communication skills in at least one other EU language
Your application should include a letter of motivation, a CV and the TGEU application pack. You can download the application pack from the TGEU website.
Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide this at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are scheduled at the end of February in Berlin.
Please send your application until February 14, 2014 noon CET to director (at) tgeu.org