TGEU Notice of Vacancy: Policy Officer
Only complete application packs sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 25, 2016 noon CET will be considered.
Transgender Europe is looking for a part time (80%, 32h per week) Policy Officer, for an initial period of 18 months. Provided appropriate funding will be secured we plan to continue the position after the initial 18 months.
The place of work is located in Berlin, Germany, but will require frequent travel.
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes more than 100 organisations that support or work for trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to advocate for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
The Policy Officer will be working in the Advocacy and Capacity Building Team. They will be responsible to implement and refine TGEU’s policy and advocacy work, as defined in the Strategic Plan 2014 – 2020, predominantly with European institutions (EU, CoE, OSCE) in the areas of gender equality, safety & violence, further marginalised groups, healthcare, education, and trans families.
The Policy Officer will be reporting to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities are to
- Implement and further develop TGEU policy in areas, such as
- Gender Equality,
- Safety/ Violence,
- Further marginalised groups,
- Education, and
- Trans Families.
- Advocate TGEU’s policies towards European institutions of
- The European Union,
- The Council of Europe,
- The OSCE as well as towards
- other relevant stakeholders on European level, such as member states as well as representatives to these institutions from international and intergovernmental organisations;
- Conceptualise, coordinate and write human rights reports, publications, and other advocacy material;
- Contribute to strategic development of the organisation;
- Contribute to reporting, both internal and external;
- Other tasks, as resulting from organisational processes.
Desired profile of the applicant
The Policy Officer ideally demonstrates a strong record in the field of trans rights, the functioning of European Institutions (EU, Council of Europe, OSCE) and their human rights mechanisms and law, as well as well as civil society working experience – preferably internationally.
The Policy Officer is highly committed to the aims of TGEU and their promotion.
- Degree in law, (international) political science, or gender studies with some preference for a degree in law; or equivalent experience
- At least two years of professional working experience in the areas of policy, advocacy and/ or European Institutions work or equivalent experience (such as substantive and documented volunteer or non-paid work)
- At least one year of work experience in a national or preferably international non-governmental organisation, government or multilateral institutions, or equivalent experience
- Work or volunteer experience in LGBTI and human rights related fields is highly desired
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Good knowledge of French or another European language is highly desired
- Sound knowledge on trans issues and trans rights
- Being sensible and knowledgeable regarding the social experiences of trans persons in European societies
- Knowledge of the European human rights framework is desirable
- Sound knowledge of human rights issues relating to gender identity and gender expression
- Ability to support complex working processes
- Familiarity with intercultural and international approaches
- Ability to manage a high work load
- Sound ability to work individually and within diverse teams
- Willingness for frequent travel (about once a month)
- An 80% (32h per week) position starting no earlier than December 1st , 2016 for an initial period of 18 months with a possibility to prolong the position contingent on availability of funding
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement your own ideas
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans human rights NGO
- Salary of 32.000€ per annum
- Relocation support to Berlin
Please use the TGEU application pack, which can be downloaded here:
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer and strives to avoid discrimination and less favourable treatment as well in our own procedures.
In order to increase diverstiy in our team we encourage persons who belong to disadvantaged groups, in particular trans women, to apply.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CVs. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are preliminarily scheduled to take place in Berlin on Wednesday, November 23.
In case you have questions in relation to the application procedure, the position or TGEU please send your inquiry exclusively to email@example.com.
Please send your application before October 25, 2016 noon CET to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zu finden unter http://tgeu.org/jobs/
Bitte erwähne Gesines Jobtipps, wenn du dich auf diese Stelle bewirbst!
Bewirb dich bitte nicht nach Ablauf der Frist.