Application Closing Date – 28 Mar 2014
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – Limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Pay Scale – Grade III
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Graphic Designer leads the design of TI print and marketing products, producing data visualisations, key design materials and coordinating the overall look and feel and quality assurance of graphic design standards across TI-S and the Movement. S/he works with minimal supervision to coordinate multiple publishing projects, with a focus on design dependent ones, supervising the work of external vendors.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Editorial and Publishing Manager
Job grade: III
- Conceptualise and design data visualisations/infographics and social media suitable content that communicate TI data and key messages in a visually compelling and engaging style.
- Conceptualise and design key TI print and marketing products, including publications, posters, flyers, etc.
- Coordinate multiple publishing projects, with a focus on design dependent ones, providing guidance and support to TI Secretariat departments and Chapters on editorial and publishing processes with minimal supervision.
- Supervise the work of external designers and printers, ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to expected quality.
- Maintain and implement TI visual identity graphical and design standards to ensure consistency and TI brand protection.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and promotion of design materials and templates for use by TI Secretariat and Chapters for multi-country projects.
- Lead the maintenance and promotion of TI internal Flickr photo library for use by TI Secretariat and Chapters.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in communications, arts, design, political science, journalism or international affairs.
- 5 years practical experience in relevant fields.
- Proven track record of producing visually impactful data visualisations.
- In depth experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Exemplary organisational skills and ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision, with a thorough eye for detail.
- Knowledge of and interest in corruption, development issues and international affairs.
- Organised, dependable, flexible, highly articulate and discreet.
- Additional languages, especially Spanish and/or French are desirable.
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with a relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, CV, a portfolio of their previous relevant work or a link to their website to:
Deadline for applications is 28 March 2014
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org