Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – 2 years
Pay Scale – Job grade IV
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Public sector integrity has been a cornerstone of Transparency International’s work since it was founded 20 years ago, and the Public Sector Integrity Programme represents a continuation of these efforts. Public Sector Integrity is one of six Key Programmes (thematic focus or practice areas), outlined in Transparency International’s Implementation Plan 2015.
The programme currently has four main thematic focus areas: procurement, open governance, local governance and political corruption. Based around clear principles and standards in each of these areas, the programme supports the Transparency International Movement (chapters) to undertake effective national level diagnostics and assessments of the existing situation in public sector integrity and the development and implementation of solutions and accountability mechanisms to address identified gaps. The programme also undertakes global advocacy, drawing from our work on the ground, and develops external partnerships with other organizations.
The Programme identifies and promotes the replication of effective existing approaches and tools for improved Public Sector Integrity and develops new ones where required. This is achieved through support to innovation and learning throughout the Transparency International Movement, technical assistance to implementation (developing of supporting materials, training, etc.), securing adequate human and financial resources and coordinating advocacy.
The successful candidate will have a combination of both subject matter expertise and managerial/organisational skills. An entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set combined with being very organised and having a talent for working well across diverse teams, interests and countries will be critical to success in the position.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Programmes Director
Job grade: IV
- Enhance the Transparency International movement’s ability to share good practice, leverage existing tools and/or develop new ones and utilise relevant expertise (both within and outside of the Transparency International movement) to address corruption in the public sector
- Promote and coordinate collective action initiatives (e.g. campaigns, advocacy, launches) around key issues related to public sector corruption emerging from the programme
- Represent Transparency International in external fora (conferences, media, outreach to companies, etc.)
- Develop and secure significant funding for new projects and initiatives
- Strengthen Transparency International’s ability to demonstrate impact and learn in the area of public sector corruption
- Manage programme resources, ensuring that objectives, as well as donor obligations, are met to quality, budget and time
- Manage, develop and support the Programme team
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, business administration, economics, management, or another relevant field
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in public sector, international or bilateral organizations, and/or an international NGO engaged in similar work
- Strong technical background or knowledge of at least one of the programme priority areas, with basic knowledge of the other areas and/or ability to learn them quickly enough so as to oversee their implementation
- Managerial and organisational skills, including project development and fundraising
- Excellent team and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries essential
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set
- International experience with field experience across diverse regions and contexts (highly desired)
- Fluent English (required); knowledge of Spanish, French and/or Arabic (desired)
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, mentioning the origin of the application, and CV in English – in a single PDF file – to:
Deadline for applications is July 31st 2014.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gefunden unter http://www.transparency.org/whoweare/work/head_of_public_sector_integrity_programme/0/