Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: Securing Financial Support from Individuals for Transparency International
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Department: Resource Development
Reporting lines: Public and Private Fundraising Director
Job grade: III
Fundraising from Individuals
- Participation in the development, implementation and management of individual giving strategies, in particular digital and social media, focused on fundraising from the public;
- Maintain and further develop existing relationships with individual donors;
- To develop appropriate donor data analysis and market segmentation analysis that allows for targeted fundraising.
- To coordinate public fundraising campaigns across the movement.
- Provide fundraising support to other TI-S departments and to Chapters within the TI movement;
- Develop compelling fundraising propositions, marketing materials, cases for support, and donor communications;
- Act as focal point for a designated donor portfolio.
- Provide high quality stewardship to existing individual donors;
- Organise events for current and potential individual donors;
- To work with and support the Resource mobilisation teams as directed.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree (or equivalent relevant experience) preferably in Business Administration, Corporate Responsibility, Communication, Marketing or Public Relations;
- 5 years Marketing / Fundraising / Campaigning experience.
- Track record of 3 – 5 years in coordinating fundraising from individuals;
- International experience an asset;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Hands-on team player;
- Flexible, capable of working under pressure and against deadlines;
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills;
- Ability and track record in developing and writing public fundraising materials (in English);
- Fundraising event experience is an asset;
- Ability to work with budget and financial reports;
- Proficiency with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) an asset;
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other languages are a definite asset.
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV to:
Deadline for applications is 4 May 2014.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org