Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – until 30 June 2015
Pay Scale – job grade III
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International Secretariat is looking for a Programme Coordinator to coordinate its work on people engagement in Asia Pacific, particularly with a focus on the growing number of Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) in the region, which provide legal advice and support to victims and witnesses of corruption, as well as advocate for systemic change, as well as on other people engagement initiatives. There are currently ten ALACs in the region across South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific, with more planning to open in the next few months. Eight Asia Pacific ALACs currently participate in multi-country projects coordinated by the Asia Pacific Department (APD) in the following countries: Fiji, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, and Vanuatu.
As well as coordinating programme support to these ALACs, the Asia Pacific PEP Coordinator will play an active role in developing people engagement work in the region in line with the TI Strategy 2015. This will involve programme and proposal development, advocacy, outreach and communications.
Main function: Working under the supervision of the Regional Programme Manager, the Programme Coordinator coordinates the work flow, financial and administrative management of ALACs in Asia Pacific, ensuring that agreed goals, best practice standards, donor obligations and TI-S regulations are met. S/he is also responsible for further developing people engagement initiatives in Asia Pacific.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 30 June 2015
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Department: Asia Pacific Department
Reporting lines: The Programme Coordinator reports to the Asia Pacific Regional Programme Manager, in close coordination with the Regional Outreach Manager and Regional Coordinators for the relevant countries involved.
Job grade: III
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations including financial and narrative reports (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, etc.) are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner
- Develop and administer sub-grants and contracts with Chapters and external service providers (including financial management and results reporting), ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of results and activities
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and monitor the implementation of Large Project-wide work-plans, budgets, activities, reporting cycles and information systems across TI-S
- Scope and coordinate the development of funding opportunities, applications and negotiation of contracts
- Coordinate the development and implementation of communication, advocacy and outreach plans for people engagement in Asia Pacific (including providing support for participating Chapters and TI-S departments)
- Any other tasks identified by the line manager necessary to ensure that Large Projects are implemented successfully
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- 4/5+ years of project management experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of project management best practices
- Demonstrated programme development skills, fundraising experience, knowledge of bilateral donors, private sector and foundation funding sources desired
- Knowledge and experience of developing advocacy and campaigns engaging people an advantage
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge (political, socio-economical, cultural) and experience of the region, particularly South Asia and the Pacific
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the area of Monitoring and Evaluation considered an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent team and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries essential
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, particularly at distance communication
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Fluency in English required
- Willingness to travel expected
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, mentioning the origin of the application, and CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is 18 August 2014.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place in the week commencing 25 August 2014.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
Gefunden unter http://www.transparency.org/whoweare/work/programme_coordinator_asia_pacific_people_engagement/0/