Application Closing Date – 13 Aug 2017
Job Start Date – mid-September 2017
Duration – until March 2018 (parental leave cover), with a possibility of extension
Pay Scale – Job grade III
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
To advance anti-corruption work in public contracting, TI has embarked on the project “Integrity Pacts – Civil Control Mechanisms for Safeguarding EU Funds” (IP Project). The project, planned to last until December 2019, is being implemented across 11 European Union member states in close collaboration with 15 national partners.
Main function: The Programme Coordinator is responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of the Integrity Pacts project. Specifically, s/he coordinates the work flow, financial and administrative management of the Integrity Pacts project, ensuring that agreed goals, best practice standards, donor obligations and TI-S regulations are met relating to project implementation by TI-S and partners.
Starting date: mid-September 2017
Duration: until March 2018 (parental leave cover), with a possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Team: Project Management
Job grade: III
- Coordinate the work flow, implementation, financial and administrative management of the Integrity Pacts project in order to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project activities and achievement of agreed goals and greatest possible impact by TI-S and project partners
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial and narrative reporting, etc.) for the projects are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner
- Work in close collaboration and ensure ongoing communication with project partners on all aspects of their work
- Maintain regular communication with the donor on financial and project management at TI-S as well as project implementation at partner level
- Ensure high-quality financial and narrative reports by project partners and TI-S to the donor
- Collaborate closely with colleagues working on the project to provide support to project partners on topics such as: IP monitoring, monitoring and evaluation, social accountability and citizen engagement, advocacy and communication/outreach activities
- Collaborate closely with colleagues working on the project to develop and monitor the implementation of capacity development plans, risk assessments and monitoring and evaluation frameworks for project partners
- Provide input into TI-S’s advocacy and communications strategy around public procurement and Clean Contracting for the project
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- 4/5+ years of project management experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge on project management best practices
- Experience in managing EC-funded projects an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; proficiency in other languages an asset
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Demonstrated interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption as well as the programme issue
- Willingness to travel
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and a CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is 13 August 2017.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living of them – by voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice: http://gesinesjobtipps.de/deine-freiwillige-zahlung/ (in German)