Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International Secretariat is looking for a Research Coordinator to coordinate the work-stream on corruption surveys, in particular the Global Corruption Barometer. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate that can demonstrate substantive experience in research management, coupled with strong quantitative research skills and good communication skills.
Main function: Coordinate TI’s work on corruption surveys, particularly the Global Corruption Barometer
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Research Director
Job grade: III
- Coordinate the Global Corruption Barometer and other multi-country corruption surveys, including overseeing the work of research consultants, liaising with research partners, handling and analysing survey data, and assisting in the write-up and promotion of the results
- Promote, explain and support TI National Chapters, TI staff and external stakeholders on the use of TI’s research
- Develop and enhance contacts with relevant institutions and specialists
- Oversee project budget(s) and perform the necessary administrative functions
- Assist in raising the funds to ensure sustainable funding of current and new projects
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- An advanced university degree, or equivalent, in the social sciences, such as economics, political science, development studies or international relations
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional work experience in relevant fields
- Substantive experience in research management in a multi-country/international setting
- Strong knowledge and experience of survey research methodologies, including questionnaire design, data cleaning and data analysis
- Solid writing, editing and communications skills, particularly in making research accessible to diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong knowledge of a major statistical software package (STATA or SPSS), MS Office and related applications
- Commitment to Transparency International’s values
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is 19 June 2014.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org