Application Closing Date – 15 Aug 2017
Job Start Date – 28 Aug, 2017
Duration – 28 August 2017 – 30 October 2017
Location – remote and attending Annual Membership Meeting on 14 October in Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International’s Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) provide free and confidential legal advice to witnesses and victims of corruption.
Offering a simple, credible and viable mechanism for citizens to pursue their corruption-related complaints, ALACs empower citizens in the fight against corruption. ALACs also play a critical role identifying corruption hotspots that demand reform or official action. Harnessing the powerful, real life data gathered by ALACs on the consequences and mechanisms of corruption, Transparency International chapters engage in strategic advocacy to bring about systemic change in public policy and practice.
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) in Berlin is seeking a consultant to review its approach to ALAC work as well as to assess and suggest options for ALACs moving forward. The consultant is expected to engage with TI-S staff, National Chapters (NCs) and Individual Members (IMs) as well as to make the maximum use of existing documents to assess what has been done so far, establish the current state of play in ALACs and suggest a concrete way forward for TI-S in collaboration with the TI movement.
- propose a concrete way forward that can be largely discussed and debated before the Annual Membership Meeting (AMM)
- present this way forward for ALACs and organise a cross regional meeting at the AMM (on 14 October in Berlin), where the proposal can be refined and agreed
- design a roll out of the agreed steps, so that a clear operational approach to ALAC sustainability is in place in 2018
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
- Draft document for discussion at Annual Membership Meeting – not exceeding 7 pages by 22 September
- Organise, in close collaboration with interested NCs, Board and TI-S staff members, the Cross Regional Session on the subject during the AMM in Berlin and moderate it.
- Final document on way forward – not exceeding 10 pages by 30 October
All presentations and reports are to be submitted in English, in electronic form, in accordance with the deadlines stipulated above. The Consultant is responsible for editing and quality control of language. The TI Secretariat retains the sole rights with respect to all distribution, dissemination and publication of the deliverables.
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in NGO project reviews and evaluation specifically in the area of legal advice, advocacy or social accountability tools
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of other languages would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Transparency International an advantage
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultant should provide a detailed breakdown, before any VAT or other charges, of all their estimated costs, including but not limited to; total fee as a lump sum, (if applicable) international travel, local transport, accommodation, work materials. The max budget for this assignment is approx. 7000 EUR (all inclusive).
Transparency International e.V. (Secretariat), (TI-S) is registered as a Business Entity in Germany with VAT identification number DE273612486. In order to determine the Value Added Tax (VAT) implications of this tender, we kindly request that the Consultants fill out the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form (instructions inside the form) and submit the completed and duly signed form along with their email application.
The link to the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form is available below.
We expect this assignment to require 15 days approximately.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Proposal for work plan / timetable with quotes
- Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae
- One sample of relevant previous work (confidentiality guaranteed).
- At least one reference
- Completed VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form.
Please indicate “The future of ALACs” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to Robin Hodess at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business of 15/08/2017.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living of them – by voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice: http://gesinesjobtipps.de/deine-freiwillige-zahlung/ (in German)