Closing date: Wednesday 30th April
If you are looking to work in a high-performing and values-based team, travel, and work with international blue chip clients read on…
twentyfifty is a management consultancy working with global multinationals to implement their commitments to respecting human rights and sustainability. Now in our tenth year, we are a small, dedicated and dynamic team of consultants based in the UK, Switzerland and Germany and operating with partners globally. In our work, we combine in-depth human rights knowledge, organisational development and change facilitation expertise as well as experience in engaging stakeholders in finding solutions to business problems.
Our client list is exceptional. We work with leading companies and their industry organisations in the extractives, energy, ICT, pharma, food and agriculture, and tourism sectors. A large part of our work focuses on helping these companies to address the challenges of operating in emerging economies in a sustainable and rights-respecting way. For more information: www.twentyfifty.co.uk.
You will have experience of identifying, assessing and developing responses to social and human rights impacts of economic activities. You will have good knowledge of the business and human rights agenda, and recent developments related to implementing the UN Guiding Principles. You may well have some fieldwork experience of relevance, or experience of working with potentially affected groups in a developing country. Certainly you will have travelled to developing countries and be comfortable doing so. You are a German speaker, educated to masters level or equivalent, probably including some formalized education in human rights, have 2-3 years work experience and excellent written and spoken English. Other languages will be an advantage.
You will be confident working independently, but enjoy being part of a team. You will be well organised and capable of managing several projects concurrently. You will be able to write succinct, structured and impactful communications and confident in front of audiences, with experience of having delivered workshops and training. You will have an interest in and willingness to develop skills in business development and consultancy sales.
Your role will involve:
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential clients, and identifying opportunities for twentyfifty’s consultancy services,
- Contributing to project proposals and participating in the sales process with clients,
- Bringing a human rights approach to articulated client needs, developing methodologies for identifying and assessing human rights impacts, managing human rights impact assessments and working with companies to integrate findings into project plans and other business practices,
- Developing and facilitating client workshops and training courses,
- Providing human rights input into other twentyfifty projects,
- Managing your project work, associates and experts working on client projects, to ensure client needs are met and margins realised from project activities,
- Management and administrative tasks relating to the business,
- Communicating twentyfifty’s work through social media,
- Participating in thought leadership development and profile raising activities for twentyfifty.
This is a permanent contract with an initial six-month probationary period. Travel is a necessity, and will account for 25-30% of your time and include travel to emerging markets and developing countries.
To apply for this position please send a CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com before Wednesday 30th April. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19th May, and the start date will be as soon as possible thereafter.