WIN e.V. is looking for two dynamic, motivated persons to fill the post of Programme Coordinator, based at the WIN Secretariat in Berlin, Germany.
The Water Integrity Network (WIN) was formed in 2006 to respond to increasing concerns among water and anti-corruption stakeholders over corruption in the water sector. WIN has the challenging mission to increase integrity levels and reduce corruption in the water sector with a pro-poor and pro-equity focus. It works with partners to build capacity, develop and implement integrity tools and influence decision-makers.
Since 2006 the WIN secretariat had been hosted by Transparency International. In 2013 WIN e.V. was established as an independent legal entity in Berlin, Germany and is now hosting the WIN Secretariat. We maintain a strategic partnership with Transparency International. The Secretariat forms a small and highly committed team to further our mission in close cooperation with the network.
The Programme Coordinators perform essential functions in the Secretariat by strategically developing and coordinating the delivery of key WIN working areas. Through the currently vacant positions the following set of tasks will need to be executed. The actual division of tasks will be determined depending on the expertise and skill-sets of the chosen candidates.
- Develop and implement an approach towards strategic partnerships with other institutions that ensure a long term collaboration to promote water integrity jointly via projects and programmes.
- Coordinate the promotion and further development of water integrity tools in the WIN network, make them easily accessible in the public space and facilitate their implementation.
- Organise WIN’s monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure high quality outputs.
Country and regional programmes
- Coordinate and further develop with partners the country and regional programmes in East-Africa.
- Coordinate and further develop with partners the country and regional programmes in Latin-America.
Required knowledge, experience and skills
- Postgraduate university degree or professional qualification in water or environmental management, engineering, public policy or administration, business administration, economics, management, international relations or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the water sector, on corruption issues and/or public sector reform.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in relation to international development, in particular related to Africa and/or Latin America.
- A track record of programme and project development and management.
- Experience in setting-up and maintaining networks or partnerships.
- Experience with programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in facilitation of events and workshops, giving trainings and public speaking.
- Fluency in English and Spanish for one post, in English and another relevant language (e.g. French) for the other.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Contract: Full time 100 % position, 2 year contract
Main function: To coordinate and strategically develop key WIN thematic and regional areas of work.
Location: WIN-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Reporting to the WIN Executive Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job grade: Programme Coordinator
Remuneration: According to WIN/TI salary scales, grade III. Relocation allowance according to WIN e.V. rules.
Other information about the post and duty station
The WIN Secretariat and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with interesting relations and development opportunities. Regular international travel will be required from the base in Berlin, an attractive metropolitan city.
Qualified candidates should submit via email a cover letter and CV, including names of 2 referees to:
In your cover letter, please systematically indicate your experience and skills in relation to the mentioned job duties and requirements and clearly state your motivation.
Deadline for applications is 4 May 2014
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. WIN eV is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about WIN, visit our website at www.waterintegritynetwork.net.