Anzeige vom 20.3.
WithoutViolence is seeking a Communications and Advocacy Director in our Berlin-based but internationally-focused office. We’re a new field-building pilot project designed to help violence prevention leaders and practitioners communicate solutions and accelerate their impact for improving the lives of boys and girls. We are looking for a quick-minded, creative and flexible strategic thinker with top media connections who understands what it takes to run winning issue campaigns. Our partners are non-profits, social and political entrepreneurs, foundations.
As the Communications and Advocacy Director, you will develop and execute strategic communications and advocacy campaigns for WithoutViolence and our partners. You care deeply about preventing violence and improving the lives of girls and boys around the world and have strong media and business contacts and expertise in the area of politics, social justice and other progressive issues.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting strategic planning (communications and advocacy) for organizations and individual leaders
- Overseeing the development and writing of strategy documents, communications plans and audits, media pitches, op-eds and persuasion materials (both design and content).
- Coaching violence prevention leaders on effective communications
- Writing new proposals, strategy documents, communications plans and other materials
- Managing project budgets, work plans and staff
- Coordinating online and offline campaigns and strategies
- Reaching out to and building relationships with mainstream and social media
- Having fun while working hard
Skills and Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience in public-interest communications, or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for political, advocacy, media or agency experience (Please specifically show this level of experience in your résumé and cover letter.)
- 3+ years demonstrated staff management and mentoring experience, including direct management of staff at varying career levels.
- Interest and expertise in violence prevention, women’s and children’s rights, and international development field
- Demonstrated ability to manage accounts and budgets
- Well-established network of contacts and expertise in the area of politics, social justice and other progressive issues
- Experience working in diverse global political and cultural contexts
- Language skills: Fluency in English is a must. Spanish is a plus. German not necessary.