WithoutViolence is seeking a Program Assistant in our Berlin-based but internationally-focused office. We’re a new field-building pilot project designed to help violence prevention leaders and practitioners communicate solutions and accelerate their impact for improving the lives of boys and girls. Our partners are non-profits, social and political entrepreneurs, foundations, philanthropists and socially responsible businesses around the world.
What we’re looking for
As the Program Assistant, you will support the Executive Director and Program Director in implementing WithoutViolence’s programming in three areas:
- Voices from the Field Fellowship: 12-month capacity-building program to strengthen the communications and advocacy skills of leading advocates and practitioners.
- New Champions: Recruitment and support of new influential voices for preventing violence in the lives of children.
- Convening for Scale: Identifying opportunities to expand evidence-based violence prevention solutions with a focus on microfinance and East Africa.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with planning of conferences, meetings, and media events, including managing logistics;
- Researching topics of interest to the Executive Director, Program Director and others, and presenting findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Assisting with the development of communications and advocacy plans;
- Collaborating with graphic designer and others to develop persuasion materials, like infographics, presentations and fact sheets;
- Monitoring the media to identify trends and opportunities in reporting on violence prevention issues;
- Tracking project progress, filing and tracking expenses, and writing reports;
- Having fun while working hard.
Skills and Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate
- 2-5 years experience in public-interest communications, international development, public policy, program design and implementation, or in a related field. (Please specifically show this level of experience in your résumé and cover letter.)
- Demonstrated interest, expertise and/or educational background in violence prevention, women’s and children’s rights, and/or international development field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications ability.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks in a high-paced environment.
- Very organized with good attention to detail.
- Experience working and/or living in diverse global political and cultural contexts.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is a must. German not necessary.
How to apply
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, brief writing sample, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com.