Yunus Social Business – Global Initiatives (YSB) is looking for a Global Portfolio Manager for our office in Berlin, starting as soon as possible. Join our global team and take leadership in strengthening our global portfolio of over 45 social businesses around the world.
You will report to the YSB Global CIO and will work closely with the YSB country teams around the world. Your objectives will be to
- Refine and continually adjust YSB’s portfolio support strategy based on feedback from our entrepreneurs and best practices from our peer funds
- Continually identify new opportunities for strategic partnerships to finance and expand the Fund’s post-investment engagement with our portfolio companies.
- Support/coach our worldwide investment teams in performing best in class due diligence in Social Businesses
Non financial support
- Promote best practice sharing and develop content for our Investment Readiness programs around the world
- Systematize and deliver best-in-class, tailored portfolio support to the social businesses in our portfolio, remotely and in-country. Services are demand driven from our entrepreneurs, including topics like governance, financial controls, HR and customer development / internationalisation, and are delivered though our teams, partners and mentors.
Impact Measurement and Reporting
- Leveraging our existing impact framework development tools and external consultants, ensure that each company initially establishes a Theory of Change, a core set of metrics (operational and impact-focused), and a standard reporting template.
- Engage with portfolio companies to design or improve data collection processes / systems (e.g. Lean Data methodology).
- Ensure systematic operational and financial KPI reporting from portfolio companies, as well as consistent tracking and evaluation of their social impact.
- Consolidate data from portfolio companies for regular reviews with leadership team and the investment committee.
- Work in coordination with the YSB Global team to capture and disseminate insights from our investments for internal and external communications.
- Lead internal knowledge management efforts and share best practices across country teams, using YSB academies, joint databases, training and strategy weeks
Influence and Representation
- Cultivate relationships in the startup and investing communities in our target markets to develop our investment pipeline.
- Represent YSB at relevant international events in close coordination with other members of the YSB team
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us!
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant project responsibilities within the organization.
- A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team with flat hierarchies.
- Previously worked at least 3 years for a Venture Capital firm, ideally in an international setting – with an active role in supporting portfolio companies
- Experience in working with early stage entrepreneurs
- Strong analytical skills, you are a critical-thinker, able to challenge business assumptions
- Self-starter with solid communications skills, can manage projects independently, and are able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure
- You feel comfortable with remote team work and are excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, global start-up environment
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social impact and innovation
- You are fluent and proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
How to Apply
You are invited to apply until 21st January 2018. Enter your details along with your cover letter and upload your English CV using the form below. Tell us about how you match up to the characteristics we’re looking for and why you’d be a great addition to our team. Please also include your earliest start date and indicate where you heard about us.
If this job isn’t for you, but you know someone who might be a perfect fit, please send them the link to this page.
We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you.
Yunus Social Business is a non-profit venture fund.
We believe that business has the power to reduce poverty to zero.
We turn philanthropic donations into investments in sustainable social businesses that provide income and essential products and services to disadvantaged communities around the world.
Available at http://www.yunussb.com/job/global-portfolio-manager/
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living of them – by voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!