– limited to 1 year-
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation working to prevent political and social violence and to achieve sustainable peace around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
As a Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, you will be part of our Research and MENA teams and work closely with and report to our Head of department. Your main responsibility will be to contribute to one of our projects aimed to enhance the safety of local communities in four selected areas of Yemen. You will accompany the implementation of the project through providing research, contributing to monitoring, evaluation and dissemination of lessons learnt with a wider Yemeni and international audience.
In addition, further tasks will be assigned to support the internal monitoring of ongoing projects in the context of our Conflict Transformation Research Programme and other emerging projects.
This position can be filled full time or part time and will be based in Berlin, starting as soon as possible.
The main tasks of the position include:
- Accompany and document major project activities, support knowledge management and contribute to the production of project materials (manuals, briefing papers, reports)
- Provide thematic and conceptual inputs for the project team, partners and project consultants
- Guide an internal reflection process in cooperation with the project team to continuously assess the project methodology and implementation process
- Advise on and contribute to project monitoring and evaluation and develop recommendations for project implementation
- Document project outcomes and insights, contribute to collecting lessons learned based on interviews with key stakeholders, partners and team
- Develop and contribute to publications for the dissemination of project outcomes within the SSR/DDR field and international scene, where opportunities arise.
- Further develop the organisation’s design, impact and learning framework
- Proven advanced track record in research and publications relating to conflict areas (in the MENA region, ideally in Yemen)
- Extensive knowledge and prior experience in conflict transformation or community safety approaches (community policing, rule of law, local security)
- Advanced experience in monitoring and evaluation and knowledge of peace-specific evaluation approaches and methodologies, suitable for the evaluation of complex interventions
- Master in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, security studies or political science is a bonus
- Fluency in English is essential, Arabic proficiency would be a strong asset
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills to work in a demanding, intellectual environment
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to improve upon and take forward existing frameworks
- Regular travels in the MENA region will be required
- Curiosity, passion, empathy, flexibility and perseverance
Please submit your CV and cover letter (in English) as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until November 7th 2019 through our online application system only by clicking on the blue Apply-button below.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!