(12 month maternity cover)
Job Purpose and Background
Are you passionate about the environment and tackling climate change, deforestation and water security? CDP is seeking a highly motivated team leader who thrives in a fast paced and varied environment of Supply Chains. This role will take the global lead on the Supply Chains work reporting to the Director of Corporations and Supply Chain. They will work within the team to ensure that the supply chains team remains an effective and efficient global virtual team that sits at the heart of driving change for our mission.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience of managing teams or with the ability to step up to this level. They will need to be able to work on their own initiative, be able to think strategically, build and maintain high performing teams and to maintain and build upon global relationships. Critically the individual will need to convince that they have the external credibility and correct approach to engage with major global companies.
In this varied role, you will lead the global Supply Chain team in New York, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and London to innovate and deliver the supply chain program membership product, increase the membership numbers and support our 125 members in taking action on climate change, deforestation and water security.
CDP’s Supply Chain team works with 125 global purchasing organizations who represent more than US$3.6trillion in annual spend to leverage their purchasing power to cascade action on climate change, deforestation and water security down the supply chain. Through this action, precipitated by annual disclosure and driven by engagement between customers and suppliers, CDP’s Supply Chain program helps change the face of environmental stewardship across the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a member of the CSC Stakeholder board, you will be responsible for development and implementation of the global corporate programme plan and the effective running of relevant supply chain project plans.
- Lead the supply chain team to achieve its annual sales targets, in line with the 3-year commercial income plan, and maintain a minimum 80% renewal rate.
- Accountable for supply chain product deployment and development, budget management and team development.
- Line manages and is accountable for performance of the Senior Manager, Supply chain and maintains an overview of the performance of the UK SC & Global SC team.
- Functional (matrix management) responsibility for the global virtual supply chain team.
Required skills and experience:
- Credible experience in external engagement with a demonstrated ability to connect at a senior level and able to present oneself and on behalf of CDP in a manner convincing to target stakeholders.
- Knowledge of deforestation, water security and climate change issues and in particular how these issues can be influenced through our work with supply chains.
- Strong relationship management skills; experience managing multiple relationships with clients and partner organizations
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure, whilst still paying attention to detail and maintaining a strategic overview
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, budgets, and multiple priorities
- Evidence of thought leadership ability
- 2-3 years of line management experience and team management experience.
- Experience of working within and leading global virtual teams too achieve change.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Masters degree or similar in a relevant subject
- Experience of working with corporate entities and success in influencing their actions
- A global outlook and understanding or experience of working and delivering programmes overseas.
Salary and benefits: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, Training and development, Flexible working opportunities and others.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org , to with CDP Global Head of Supply Chain in the subject. The deadline is 23:59 GMT on 28 October 2019.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!