Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 10 Jan 2019
Earliest starting date: 1 Feb 2019
- Would you enjoy working to preserve our beautiful planet?
- Do you think engaging with large global companies can be an impactful lever for change?
- Do you have interest in the links of deforestation and corporate activities?
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading climate change NGO’s, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP’s corporate engagement team. In your role as Senior Project Officer Forests, you will familiarize yourself with our Forests program and how public disclosure of the world’s largest companies and their sourcing of palm oil, soy, cattle, timber and rubber can help reduce deforestation. This is an exciting position at the crossroads of corporate work and the public good. You will work in close cooperation with corporates, investors and policy makers, and strengthen awareness, transparency and action against deforestation and forest degradation. Using CDPs unique practical approach to achieve a water secure, climate friendly planet, you will together with the wider team accompany companies on their journey towards environmental leadership through reporting standards, scoring, reports, C-Level events, benchmarking and supply chain services. Within the CDP Europe Corporate Engagement Pillar, you will report to the Associate Director Corporate Engagement and become part of a lively and dedicated team in Berlin.
- Drive effective corporate action in Europe to reduce deforestation;
- Engage with large European companies – i.e. DAX and EuroStoxx50 companies like BMW, L’Oréal, Philips – to drive their environmental management, reporting, memberships and commitments, in particular with regards to deforestation;
- Support companies in understanding their forest exposure through feedback and our benchmarking and supply chain programs, and actively market these programs as a means to environmental stewardship;
- Act as lead expert on the Forests program in Europe, lead the corporate element of the forests program in Europe and support both the investor and policy team in educating and engaging with their stakeholders;
- Lead the coordination between CDPs global forest team in London and CDP Europe;
- Ensure visibility for Forest program in Europe i.e. by delivering the Forest-related content of CDP events and report supplements;
- Develop generalist knowledge on strategic CDP corporate topics i.e. climate change and water and contribute to a holistic engagement approach in corporate team.
- High motivation and drive and ability to work both as a self-starter and within a Europe-wide diverse team in a well-coordinated manner;
- Open-minded, good-hearted spirit with a pragmatic approach to things;
- Excellent communication and social skills, joy in interacting convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company internal challenges, with a special focus on deforestation;
- Ability to work as part of a global team;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree, MA/MSc desirable;
- 2-6 years’ work experience in a deforestation- and/or supply chain-related area desirable, ideally corporate; additional NGO experience as an advantage;
- Knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly;
- Familiarity with forest risk commodities, deforestation in supply chains or commodity certification schemes highly desirable;
- Fluent in English and either German or a Nordic language as a must, French or Spanish as a plus.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents (motivation letter addressed to Kate Redington, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date) in English, as a single PDF and via email to email@example.com with “AM Forests – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Deforestation leads to some 15% of global GHG emissions. Join us in helping to protect the world’s forests and a thriving economy!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!