- Posted: August 7, 2019
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Community Engagement Manager for a potential community policing project in a conflict environment funded by the Department of State (DOS). The Community Engagement Manager will support program efforts to establish a skilled, capacitated community police force, which will result in better security, reduced friction between residents and security forces, and therefore less space for malign actors in a post-conflict setting. This will require close work with communities to develop their capacity to participate in security related issues. As the leader of a Community Engagement Team, s/he will oversee the day-to-day process of stakeholder engagement and project prioritization, planning, approval, delivery, and reporting.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Community Engagement Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Lead Community Engagement team to establish and maintain effective relationships with community-based security and justice stakeholders;
- Analyze program research findings to inform program and activity design;
- Support program planning and development of activities, workplans and budgets;
- Develop project ideas, liaise with project colleagues and program partners about local circumstances and context;
- Design, budget and remotely manage activities that contribute to the development of community police;
- Help identify appropriate STTA support for community engagement efforts;
- Report regularly on the capacity and capability of local community engagement and service provision;
- Support the development of activity sheets that relate to program activities;
- Maintain oversight and report regularly on the professional progress of local partners who support community engagement;
- Contribute to the project’s weekly, quarterly, and final reports submitted to donors as required;
- Respond to requests from the client agency and supervisors as needed; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in community development work, international project management;
- Experience implementing development activities in a complex and challenging operational setting, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Experience liaising with international officials and donor organizations;
- Strong analytical, organizational and communications capacity;
- Demonstrated experience in training on advocacy, community organizing, media and/or communications activities;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
- Working proficiency in Arabic; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!