**Note: Offer published on Sep 30th.**
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party, Programs to be a senior program representative in Berlin and serve as the principal point of contact for all programmatic matters. S/he will provide oversight of program planning, procurement plans, training, implementation, program staff recruitment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, local Community Based Organizations representatives and other stakeholders.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party, Programs reports to the Chief of Party (COP). S/he oversees the program team.
- Integrated and effective program implementation and operations in the field office;
- Strong relations with the local authorities and all partner organizations;
- Implementation of program activities that is compliant with U.S. Government and Creative policies and regulations; and
- Program contributes to improved community perceptions and effectiveness of key stakeholder institutions.
- Oversee daily program management, in partnership with the COP, Police Advisor, DCOP, Operations, and Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager, supervising, designing, analyzing and implementing all technical activities of the program;
- Collaborate with COP for design and implementation of overarching program goals and strategies, and implementation of tools or processes necessary in reaching determined goals and strategies;
- Serve as a thought leader for program implementation, supporting improved delivery, new activity development, stakeholder relationships and program strategy development;
- Supervise and provide program management support to the Activity Coordinators, Community Engagement Manager, Team Lead and other implementation staff to ensure effective and timely management of all activities and initiatives;
- Mentor, guide and supervise implementation staff; support and develop efforts for staff professional growth;
- Liaise with governments officials, maintaining professional relationships and forming new ones that support program implementation and a contextual understanding of the operational environment.
- In partnership with the COP and DCOP, Operations, ensure that all activities are in compliance with 2 CFR Part 200 regulations and Creative policy;
- Ensure the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project;
- Contribute to program work plan, budget and other program management tools that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks, etc.;
- Contribute to project deliverables such as, success stories, quarterly reports, annual reports and annual work plans;
- Provide input and analysis into routine Program reports and other reporting;
- Explore and suggest additional opportunities for activities and grants;
- Suggest innovative approaches in program development both in terms of approach and delivery; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the position;
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development and transition activities in the Middle East, preferably under a USAID or Department of State contract;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership and make sound decisions while working remotely;
- Ability to facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles;
- Demonstrated experience managing significant small grants activities for an international development company or NGO;
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including donor staff, country government offices, and other key stakeholders; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!