Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer (MER Officer) for its Berlin office to provide support to the monitoring and evaluation of an International Development project in the Middle East context. Under the MER Manager, the MER Officer is responsible for designing the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, inclusive of a tailored LogFrame as well as training staff on how to apply the M&E framework to specific activities. The MER Officer is expected to work 40 hr/week. This position is contingent on donor funding.
Reporting and Supervision:
The MER Officer reports to the MER Manager and supervises no staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead the design and development of the program M&E plan that results in a tailored LogFrame to be used across the project;
- Update project repository for M&E data;
- Contribute to and finalize weekly reports for the MER Manager to review;
- Contribute to quarterly reporting;
- Coordinate the field team work in conducting data collection activities;
- Develop a standard set of project M&E templates for field team use to collect and track indicator data for reporting up to the project Results Management Plan (RMP);
- Develop a verification mechanism for activities, equipment and other operational support and train staff on this mechanism;
- Develop and deliver a staff training on how to customize indicators and results frameworks to specific activities; nd
- Develop and deliver a staff training on M&E tools and their use in collecting, verifying and tracking data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in social sciences, management or related technical field, or equivalent experience;
- At least two (2) years previous experience in monitoring and evaluating programs in transitional environment;
- Strong knowledge of M&E Systems;
- Previous experience in reporting on program results;
- Knowledge of data analysis, management and work stream management software is a plus; and
- Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications;
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Demonstrable experience working independently and taking initiative;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas, as well as impart knowledge and teach skills;
- Native written and spoken Arabic required; and
- Work eligibility in Germany required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!