Vacancy Announcement for Kosovo Mediation Programme
We are looking for an: Integrative Mediator & Project Manager for Kosovo
Title of the Job: Integrative Mediator / Project Manager
Location: based in Berlin, Germany, with a substantial number of trips to Kosovo
Starting date: as soon as possible
WHO WE ARE
CSSP designs and implements peace mediation processes with local stakeholders in transitional and conflict-ridden societies. Our organization primarily assists political and community leaders to transform and resolve their conflicts through dialogue, trust-building and negotiation using diverse teams of insider and outsider mediators.
We are a non-profit organization founded in 2005 as a “Lessons Learned Project” based on Prof. Dr. Christian Schwarz-Schilling’s work as International Mediator in Bosnia and Herzegovina (1995 – 2004). CSSP, with headquarters in Berlin, Germany, initiated its approaches in the Western Balkans and realised mediation processes also in the Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, Eastern Europe and the Caucasus.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Integrative Mediator and Project Manager for our programme in Kosovo, funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, beginning as soon as possible. As project manager based in Berlin, your main area of responsibility will be the implementation and development of our activities in Kosovo within a Kosovan-German team in close cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office and the German Embassy in Kosovo as well as local and international stakeholders.
The activities in Kosovo currently focus on the following areas:
– Strengthening mediation and conflict transformation capacities and institutionalising mediation within Kosovo police forces,
– Enabling and supporting interethnic dialogue on return and reintegration of displaced persons,
– Enabling and supporting intercommunity and inter-municipal dialogue as well as cooperation on topics identified by citizens as key for improving their daily life (i.e. access to services and rights).
As project manager based in Berlin, you will work in a core team of four persons, two project managers based in Berlin, and two project coordinators based respectively in Pristina and Mitrovica. Your main responsibility will be the strategic and empathic management of the team of four persons for a successful steering and implementation of the programme in Kosovo.
You are a trained mediator and experienced project manager, particularly interested in engaging the team to work closely in order to achieve a joint goal. Furthermore, you will represent CSSP and its work at the political level in Kosovo, Germany and internationally.
Your main working location will be Berlin. You should be motivated and flexible enough to travel to Kosovo on a regular basis, every month or second month for at least one week. The position is a 80% time position, financed until 31.12.2019. Subject to approval by the donor, the position will be continued in 2020. The salary is based on the German TVöD Bund and reflects a leading position.
- Mediation and/or dialogue facilitation experience, preferably with a mediation license/certification,
- Experience in mediation processes in and between groups,
- Experience as a trainer for mediation and/or communication in conflict,
- International work experience, preferably but not necessarily in Kosovo and/or the Western Balkans,
- Fluency in English is a necessity,
- Experiences in political work (at state, regional and/or municipal level)
- Project management experience and experience in implementing projects with public funding,
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to adapt to new structures,
- Very good social and communication competencies, especially in politically sensitive settings,
- Willingness to engage and work in a diverse team.
Additional advantage / preferably:
- Knowledge of German, Serbian or Albanian language,
- Experience in team management and management at distance,
- Previous experiences in Kosovo or other countries of the Western-Balkan,
- Willingness to actively contribute to CSSP’s mediation approach and the development of the organisation,
- Short-term availability.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSABILITIES
- Conceptual and strategic planning, as well as implementation and monitoring of activities in Kosovo in coordination with CSSP’s team in Pristina and Mitrovica/Kosovo,
- Managing CSSP’s Kosovo team in cooperation with the co-project manager, and enabling good internal communication, exchange and reflection within the team,
- Planning, budgeting and controlling of activities and project costs,
- Active contribution to the programmatic development of the Kosovo projects,
- Conflict analysis and analysis of political developments,
- Regular consultations with stakeholders primarily in Kosovo but also outside of Kosovo, especially in Berlin,
- Writing project applications and funding requests,
- Regular reports to donor institution and CSSP’s board,
- Close cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office and the German Embassy in Pristina as well as with cooperation partners.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A demanding and exciting opportunity to substantially contribute to peace mediation and dialogue in Kosovo,
- Learning experience in a team of professional and highly motivated insider and outsider mediators and project managers,
- Opportunity for an active contribution to the field of integrative and peace mediation and its development,
- Good working conditions in Berlin-Tiergarten, and good offices in Mitrovica and Pristina,
- Possibility to network and cooperate with other peace mediators, political actors and professionals working on conflict transformation,
- Space for contributions to the organisational development of the organisation,
- Potential for exchange with and contributions to our other programmes, especially in the region in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in Albania.
HOW TO APPLY
CSSP is an equal opportunity employer. We therefore encourage diverse applicants to apply.
We are looking forward to your application until 20.01.2019. Please send your application. Including a cover letter and a CV with detailed references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your interest and time invested in your application!
CSSP-Berlin Center for Integrative Mediation
Landgrafenstraße 15, 10787 Berlin, Germany
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!