Within the project “Back to the National Roots? The Role and Impact of the Radical Right in Eastern Europe Today” the Chair of Comparative Politics at the European University Viadrina invites applications for five positions of Research Assistant with knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Polish, Slovak
Duration: February – April 2019 (ca 8-10 hours/week).
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Deadline: 15 January 2019. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Main responsibility: Contribute to qualitative empirical research on the role and impact of the radical right in Central and Eastern Europe.
In particular: Key responsibilities include data collection, coding and analysis of policy, legislative proposals and draft bills concerning the status and rights of ethnic and national minorities, refugees and asylum seekers in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Poland and Slovakia. The work involves qualitative, desktop research of documents and media in the official languages of the countries mentioned, so a proven and proficient knowledge of minimum one of these languages (Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Polish, Slovak) is essential. The successful candidate can work either at the European Viadrina University or remotely.
Project information: https://www.kuwi.europauni.de/en/lehrstuhl/vs/politik1/thyssenproject/index.html
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in political or social science or related fields. The position is open to (post-)graduate students and early-career researchers.
- Knowledge on the region of Central and Eastern Europe and/or the Baltic states, preferably within the field of party politics and/or the radical right, is an advantage.
- Experience in policy or legislative research – particularly concerning the status and rights of ethnic and national minorities and/or refugees and asylum seekers – is an advantage.
- Native or proven C1-level proficiency in one or more of the following languages is a must: Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Polish, Slovak.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
We offer you:
- A stimulating work environment at a university with an international profile.
- The chance to contribute to and gain practical experience in scientific research on a highly relevant contemporary European issue.
- An atmosphere of active inter-disciplinary academic exchange.
- A family-friendly environment with flexible working hours
Please send your application package (max. 1-page cover letter and max. 2-page CV in English, proof of higher education qualification, and, if not mother tongue, proof of language skills) no later than 15 January 2019, to Ms Zsuzsanna Végh at: vegh(at)europa-uni.de. In the subject line of the email indicate which language position you are applying for (e.g. Application for research assistant position (Polish)).
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!