Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) – a network of civil society groups across Europe working together to phase out coal power by 2030- is expanding its digital operations, and is looking for a Digital Engagement Officer.
The Digital Engagement Officer will work with the communications team to support and expand the outreach to, and mobilisation of, new audiences for the Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) campaign. This is a central, creative role that will support and grow the digital capabilities of a diverse network, with an emphasis on innovative ideas. The successful candidate will be a part of the EBC Secretariat team, reporting to the Communications Director.
The main responsibilities of the Digital Engagement Officer include:
- Working closely with partner organisations to develop and support digital campaigns, outreach, and mobilisations;
- Working with the communications team to identify, segment, and target strategic audiences;
- Contributing to the further development of the campaign’s communications strategy;
- Plan, develop and disseminate innovative comms tools and interventions across Europe;
- Supporting rapid response work, including outreach and mobilisation activities, such as social media targeting campaigns.
Skills & Experience
- Native or near-native English speaker. Fluency in another European language a plus
- Very good understanding of NGOs, and ideally a working knowledge of the energy sector and coal campaigning
- At least five years experience in digital communications
- Very good organisational skills & project management experience
- Track record of leading innovative digital advocacy campaigns
- Track record of developing strategic audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to engage and connect with broad range of people and work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Ability to manage a multitude of responsibilities and priorities, and to work under pressure
- Commitment to a healthy, environmentally-friendly and fair society.
- Visual arts sensibilities
- Familiarity with data visualisation
- Understanding of social advertising systems, as well as web design, PHP, CSS etc.
- Experience with editing for social media, including experience with: Adobe creative suite, subtitles, or similar online tools.
Terms & Conditions
- Full-time, permanent contract with trial period.
- Location: Preferably from our office in central Berlin, though remote work will be considered for exceptional candidates
Please send a short CV and a one-page cover letter in English to Emilia Ochoa (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26 August 2019. Please note that due to a large number of applications, we only reply to candidates who have been short-listed for an interview.
Available at https://beyond-coal.eu/jobs/
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!