Open to Internal and External Candidates
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Position Title : Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)
Duty Station: Berlin, Germany
Reference Code: SVN-DE1-2019-15-EXT
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract (Until 31.12.2019 with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant, the incumbent will be supporting the implementing of the project activities of “Psychosocial Support Self-Help Tools for Syrian Refugee Men Living in Germany “.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supports in the implementation of all planned activities of the project, including the close coordination with the project partners to ensure compliance with the planned activities and forecasted results as formulated in the project description; continuously monitors, analyses and evaluates the project elements with established monitoring instruments in coordination with the supervisor.
- Assists the supervisor in liaison with donors, psychosocial experts, the target group and other project partners and stakeholder, such as migrant organizations, NGOs, and hospitals and other IOM missions.
- Networks with relevant internal and external actors for feedback, for the referral guide and for the distribution of the tools.
- Assists in the preparation of project reports to the donors by preparing statistical reports to monitor and evaluate project performance in coordination with the supervisor.
- Prepares information material for gaining target group participants and for project outreach activities in coordination with relevant internal units to be reviewed and approved by the supervisor.
- Assist with logistical arrangements to organize focus groups for Syrian men in collaboration with the psychosocial experts.
- Provide information to the graphic designer in the creation and design of tools.
- Publishes the tools including a handbook and online videos.
- Develops a communication and outreach action plan in coordination with the supervisor to distribute the tools and organizes project events, meetings, and seminars in order to promote and to inform about the project.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or CoM
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Psychology, Social Psychology, Political Science, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least four years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience on migration with a focus on psychosocial support and community work, German and EU institutions as well as migration policies in general.
- Previous work experience with national, regional or international public bodies would be a distinct advantage.
- Organizational skills including experience in supporting project management activities including administrative support.
- Strong drafting and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required; proficiency with graphic design and survey tools is an advantage.
Fluent knowledge of spoken and written German and English. Knowledge of other official IOM language or Arabic is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Germany will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter not exceeding more than one page, CV and relevant certificates and references by email to HRDGermany@iom.int. Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Germany Human Resources will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Posting period: From 11 June 2019 to 25 June 2019
International Organization for Migration / Germany
Ms Lisa Rauscher
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!