Open to Internal and External Candidates
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Position Title : Project Assistant (Resettlement Humanitarian Admission)
Duty Station : Berlin, Germany
Reference Code : SVN-DE1-2019-19
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special-Short -Term Contract until 31.12.2019 (with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 July 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), under the direct supervision of the National Project Manager and Liaison Officer and in coordination with the Project Assistant (Resettlement and Humanitarian Admission) the incumbent assists IOM Germany’s resettlement, humanitarian admission and relocation activities in the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supports the Project Assistant in the planning, coordination and implementation of all resettlement, humanitarian admission and relocation activities of IOM Germany
- Assists in the continuous monitoring, analysing and evaluating of the project’s elements, developments and schedules
- Responds to information requests and inquiries of internal and external partners and ensures proper follow up of external and internal requests and actions
- Assists the supervisor in compiling and drafting correspondences, concept notes, proposals, reports or other relevant documents or communications in the areas of responsibilities
- Assists in researching, compiling and drafting background information, presentations or other visibility material in the relevant areas of responsibilities
- Supports the preparation of project/coordination meetings, workshops and trainings
- Assists in promoting and coordinating the project activities with relevant Ministries, governmental authorities, institutions and NGOs
- Ensure that the information collected and recorded is correct, complete and updated at all time
- Assist in enhancing the visibility of project activities of IOM in Germany
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or CoM.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political Science, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least four years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of German and EU institutions and German and EU migration policies is an asset
- Experience and knowledge on migration with a focus on resettlement and humanitarian admission
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written German and English. Knowledge of other official IOM language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence/work permit for Germany or fulfilling the criteria for an EU blue card will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter not exceeding more than one page, CV and relevant certificates and references by email to HRDGermany@iom.int. Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Germany Human Resources will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
From 02 July 2019 to 16 July 2019
International Organization for Migration / Germany
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!