ACT (Action, Collaboration, Transformation) is looking for an
International Expert (full-time) leading our work on strategic communications
ACT (Action, Collaboration, Transformation) is a joint foundation of global brands and retailers and IndustriALL Global Union to transform the garment and textile industry and achieve living wages for workers through collective bargaining at industry level linked to purchasing practices.
ACT is seeking an experienced expert to strengthen its communication and outreach capabilities. The expert will lead the overall work on conceptualizing, implementing and developing the communication of ACT’s vision and goals with a special focus on industrial relations, global supply chains, and collective bargaining. The duty station will be Berlin, Germany. The job will require considerable travel and high mobility and flexibility. The expert will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Conceptualise and coordinate communication strategies and identify relevant tools for implementation in close cooperation with ACT members.
- Develop, design and implement an annual communications plan to support ACT’s vision, strategy, and country activities.
- Tell the story of ACT’s work internally and externally and inspire relevant actors to partner with ACT.
- Lead the development of strategic and operational communications material.
- Lead ACT’s positioning and supporting the Executive Director on key topics (e.g. providing talking points and briefings).
- Lead ACT’s media relations and strengthen relationships with top tier media and influencers.
- Further develop ACT’s online presence, including website content.
- Organise and coordinate communications on ACT events and activities.
EDUCATION A Master’s degree or higher academic qualification in strategic communication, industrial relations, sustainable development, political science or related fields.
EXPERIENCE A minimum of three years of professional experience in the field of communications strategy development and implementation. Knowledge about economic and social conditions in the garment industry in producing countries, industrial relations, and human rights is desirable.
RELATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Exceptional ability to convey conceptually complicated information in a succinct and compelling way, tailored to different audiences.
- Profound expertise in developing and executing external and internal communications strategies across traditional and digital channels.
- Exceptional media relations skills and experience with global press.
- Ability to think analytically, creatively and politically, take initiative, and follow through.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within ACT, as well as with external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
SALARY ACT offers a competitive compensation.
DURATION ACT offers a contract without limitation of time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE Please apply until 15th November 2019.
CONTACT Please send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACT is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices to build the strongest possible workforce.
Download a PDF of the job vacancy details here.
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene meinen Lebensunterhalt damit – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag Deiner Wahl. Danke!Veröffentlicht in Kommunikation / Lobbying Konzeption Koordination Berlin und Umgebung NGO / Stiftung / Sozialunternehmen Vollzeit