The world’s energy systems are changing. Renewable energy has moved from a niche technology to broad-scale adoption in many countries around the globe. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for clean development, power systems face numerous systemic challenges: there is a pressing need to expand and enhance power grids, to reform regulatory and market structures, and to effectively manage structural change.
Many countries are struggling with the technical, economic, and political complexities of the transformation. However, understanding these processes and challenges is essential for taking political decisions and ensuring a smooth transition to a clean energy system.
This is where Agora Energiewende helps: we develop evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transitions around the globe. As an independent and non-partisan thinktank we share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business, and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas. In our international programme, we closely cooperate and exchange with thinktank partners in numerous countries around the globe.
Our international programme is growing rapidly, with a larger team working on a larger mission: the task is huge, and the opportunities manifold. The team is multinational, multilingual, and busy! To strengthen our communications team, we are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date a
Communication Manager International Energy Transition (f/m/d)
Your responsibilities include
- Conceptualise and implement Agora’s international communication strategy;
- Liaising with partner organisations of Agora’s international network;
- Communicating Agora’s insights and activities through various channels, especially utilizing social media;
- Every-day use of Agora´s communication tools like newsletters, social media channels, databases and media-monitoring;
- Editing and translating media releases and reviewing other content;
- Supporting specific outreach activities in target countries, e.g. through media work, workshops, publications;
- Taking responsibility for maintaining and further developing Agora’s international website and other potential new websites;
- Taking responsibility to ensure the proper use of Agora´s Corporate Design in the international context.
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated and professional team;
- A comfortable office space in a central Berlin location;
- Diverse experiences including professional relationships with colleagues and visitors from a variety of countries around the globe;
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- Full-time or part-time role with a good permanent employment or consultancy contract.
We are looking for
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a journalist and/or in the PR sector;
- Outstanding writing skills;
- Proven skills in dealing with social media, ideally including video and audio;
- Experience in using CMS, CRM, and project management tools;
- Good knowledge in energy transition policy in Europe and beyond is an advantage;
- A political mind;
- A confident, practical and entrepreneurial character, with openness to working hands-on on diverse challenges and topics in parallel;
- Willingness to travel internationally;
- Experience working in multi-cultural contexts;
- Native or near-native command of English (spoken and written) and fluent German; other language skills (e.g. Southeast Asian languages) are a plus;
- Valid visa and work permit in Germany or possibility to acquire it.
Please upload your application in one single file following the given cloudlink. The deadline for applications is 29 March 2020.
As file name please use „application_int-communication_surname_name”. Please include a letter of motivation, your CV, and work samples and indicate your salary expectations, available weekly hours as well as your earliest possible starting date. For reasons of objectivity we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms. Marie Haßheider (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 30 700 1435 –111).
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!