The world’s energy systems are changing. Renewable energy has moved from a niche technology to broad-scale adoption in many countries around the globe. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for clean development, power systems face numerous systemic challenges: there is a pressing need to expand and enhance power grids, to reform regulatory and market structures, and to effectively manage structural change.
Many countries are struggling with the technical, economic, and political complexities of the transformation. However, understanding these processes and challenges is essential for taking political decisions and ensuring a smooth transition to a clean energy system.
This is where Agora Energiewende helps: we develop evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transitions around the globe. As an independent and non-partisan thinktank we share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business, and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas. In our international programme, we closely cooperate and exchange with thinktank partners in numerous countries around the globe – in particular, middle-income countries with fast growing energy systems.
Our international programme is growing rapidly, with a larger team working on a larger mission: the task is huge, and the opportunities manifold. The team is motivated, multinational and multilingual, and busy!
To strengthen the international team, we are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date a
Project Lead for “INETTT” International Network of Energy Transition Think Tanks (Berlin-based)
Your responsibilities include
- Working with Agora Energiewende’s international team to ensure the smooth running of daily work and forward planning, including with team members working from Berlin, Bangkok, Beijing and Brussels
- Developing the INETTT from a version 1.0 into a fully functioning global matrix network that enables knowledge sharing and co-strategizing among the member thinktanks on questions such as what are the common features of the energy transition in different countries and how to define roadmaps for the “just energy transition”?
- Building up an INETTT research programme, resource hub and team at Agora Energiewende
- Working with senior team members and Agora Energiewende’s financial team to prepare major grant proposals, track project schedules with the project teams both at Agora Energiewende and among our international partners, and grant reporting
- Contributing to team discussions on strategy questions
- Liaising with expert colleagues to facilitate their contributions to INETTT projects and knowledge sharing
- Hosting visitor groups from around the world
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated and professional team
- A comfortable office space in a central Berlin location
- Diverse experiences including professional relationships with colleagues and visitors from a variety of countries around the globe
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Full-time or part-time role with a good permanent employment or consultancy contract
We are looking for
- A proven track record and field of expertise in energy and/or climate change and/or politics (min. 10 years), in particular strong international experience
- Strong networking skills and the ability to navigate in a complex environment of various national think tanks
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Capability to represent Agora Energiewende at a senior level toward international partners, governments and other stakeholders
- Ability to guide complex analytic research and to write high quality documents
- A confident, calm, practical and entrepreneurial outlook, with openness to working on diverse challenges and topics
- Working fluency in English; German and other language skills are a plus
- Valid visa and work permit in Germany or possibility to acquire it
Please upload your application in one single file following the given cloudlink. The deadline for applications is 15 March 2020.
As file name please use „application_project-lead-INETTT_surname_name”. Please include a letter of motivation and your CV and indicate your salary expectations, available weekly hours as well as your earliest possible starting date. For reasons of objectivity we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms. Marie Haßheider (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 30 700 1435 –111).
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene meinen Lebensunterhalt damit – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag Deiner Wahl. Danke!Veröffentlicht in Drittmittel / Finanzen / Fundraising Kommunikation / Lobbying Koordination Projekte / Veranstaltungen Berlin und Umgebung NGO / Stiftung / Sozialunternehmen