Avaaz is a vibrant movement of 60 million members who campaign, gather and share on the most important issues in the world today. Hundreds of Avaaz members are writing to the Avaaz team about the campaigns or about the world. The Member Engagement team holds this dialogue and provides an excellent member service to the Avaaz community.
This is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to help develop and pursue large scale social change efforts.
Member Engagement Consultants are at the heart of the Avaaz Delivery Team. They are responsible for much of the direct communication with over 60 million Avaazers worldwide. He/she will respond to member requests, share members' ideas, feedback and concerns with the rest of the team and encourage dialogue within the Avaaz movement.
The Member Engagement Consultant works closely with both Avaaz's Member Engagement team and the Campaigns team at Avaaz. The core responsibility of this position is addressing online requests in a friendly, clear, and efficient way – providing excellent service to our German-speaking community, and ensuring that member subscription, donation, and campaign queries are tracked and resolved in a timely and efficient way.
In addition, the Member Correspondence Associate may be asked to support our Campaigns-team with occasional translations to German for a specific campaign or website text.
- Monitoring and responding to all messages to the Avaaz team in German correspondence.
- Managing donations and other technical requests from German-speaking members.
- Identifying opportunities for strong campaigns raised by members.
- Reporting tech issues, campaign feedback, and other member suggestions to the wider Avaaz team.
This position is part of Avaaz Delivery Team and reports to an Avaaz Campaigner.
The skills you'll use every day include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English.
- Strong computer skills. Google mail and docs management experience preferred.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, attention to details and results-oriented delivery on short timelines;
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
Fluency in German and English is a requirement. Additional languages are an asset.
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done over email, telephone and Skype. Our staff are based in cities all over the world.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time position for 20 hours/week. Salary varies with location and experience but is highly competitive with leading non-governmental organisations.
**Note: Application form available at https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/hiring/#op-393196-consultant--german-member-engagement.**
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!